Classic AMC/OLTL

• Members

From the recent interviews, it sounds a like Susan Lucci REALLY hated when they made her more mature (the SOD AMC Tribute issue especially makes this clear).

I liked Sean too--was he paired with Colby? The Barbara stuff was kinda strange--I don't remember her getting an exit (something that seemed to happen alot around 2006-2007), did she? I like Barbara and was hoping they wouldn't just use her as a foil for Jack/Erica the way they also only used Jeff, and then have them leave.

No, we all knew Jonathan had regained his, umm sanity I guess by then. He had the brain tumour that made him psycho (all of this is so ridiculous, though, oddly, I liked the character a lot), then the surgery to have it removed which made him "simple" then sometime later he started to get "normal" again. I believe a few characters caught him on it but he kept it a secret for Lily. So it wasn't a rewrite, I'm sure they planned to go that way all along.

I forget about this too--what was it?

Probably. Yes, Jeff and Mary acted as sort of parental figures when they found Tas in '73. When a grief struck Jeff left PV in '75 he asked Ruth and Joe to look after Tad. That said, I think this falls into one of those categories Agnes mentions where you get to a point where you don't bother recapping some of the way way back history just as the show would get too exposition heavy--even by the 80s the fact Tad was first with Mary and jeff seemed to be nearly stricken from the record.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Josh was going to nail himself in a coffin. I don't know if he planned to kill himself or if he was just testing it out since that's how Madden had died. I think Babe stopped him.

I can see where recapping history is a little much to ask but I think that having Jeff talk about Tad as a peer, which is what was implied, kind of takes away from the character of Jeff and his role in the Martin family.

It's always confused me about Jonathan because I thought I'd read that the show just suddenly had him change to (for lack of a better word) normal. Thanks for clarifying. I like Jeff Branson's work here and on GL. Y&R, not so much.

Sean was with Colby for a while. His last scenes involved him being seduced by Hannah.

I can see why Susan wouldn't want Erica to mature but usually the attempts in later years to do more juvenile Erica stories just didn't work. Having middle-aged Erica in slap fights with Annie was silly.

• Members

I just read the interview. She never said that she didn't want her to become more mature. She mentions that there were several times in recent years when it became "The Perils of Pauline" for many of the characters like Kendall and Kendall's kids and the character of Erica became "off balance" as a result.

• Members

It did to me too. It also read like she thought the show was crappy during B&E and Pratt in general. But it definitely read like she felt Erica was made too maternal (or errr mature) during that period and wasn't a fan of it. In the Q&A before she noted that she felt Erica's maternal moments should have been a rare sight. I don't know if I agree with that. I agree with the notion that B&E and Pratt sucked, but it's really Erica's maternal moments that make me like her and tolerate her more because if Erica was like Erica 24/7 or 12/24, I would have grown tired of her a long time ago and I used to. I used to not be able to tolerate shallow Erica for like two year periods at a time.

Finally found the magazine in a CVS. It was hidden in the back row. It was more thorough than People. New interviews, nice glossy pictures, more new interviews. Nice.

• Members

I completely agree. I admit, I kinda liked that post Jane she returned to a more selfish Erica, but I wish they had had time to develop why that happened, and go back from there.

Yeah, I have to say, I was awfully impressed. I guess they did similar volumes for, at least, ATWT from what Carl has said, and I regret not picking it up now, even though I was a always a casual viewer of ATWT at best. The interviews, while often brief, are more candid than SOD has had in *years* and it's well put together--I love seeing some photogs I've seen a million times, in colour.

• Members

This last episode had a ridiculous faceoff between JR and Jonathan that the actors made very entertaining - I'm not sure why Y&R is so consistently bad at this. I loved when JR called him "Jon-Boy" and when he brought up the "cut out the bad" line.

David Canary and Bobbie Eakes had chemistry, it's just tough to imagine Adam wanting to be with Krystal.

Whatever happened to Colby's friend?

The best part of this episode for me was the talk between Jack and Sean, and Jack talking about Travis and how he loved Sean and Sean wasn't the same after Travis' death. It seems like McTavish was the only one who brought in Jack's family and tried to integrate them. It's too bad.

John James is OK but I don't see any chemistry with Lucci. He's also a bit too tan and bug-eyed in the role.

• Members

Carl, you're starting to sound like a fan ph34r.pnglaugh.png

I guess by Colby's friend you mean Sydney? I was SO checked out by that point. i don't think I ever even watched an episode with her in it, much less Dre and Wes and all of the guys from that "band" that was on the show for a while. At least I think his name was Wes. I don't even remember. But anyway, I think Sydney was established as being related to Winifred, which might have been the last time she was seen until the finale.

• Members

Oh I'm just watching these because I haven't seen them before and wanted to see the end of McTavish's last run. I don't know if I will make it through the pancake stuff.

Yes, Sydney, I guess. I thought she was OK, she was a good balance for Colby. They should have brought her back in later years when Colby became a 40 year old.

• Members

I didn't have any interest in the McBain grief orgy so I stopped for a few days but it looks like they are still in the throes of this. Why do we need to see Dorian or Asa mourning him? What annoys me most is that John wouldn't care if anyone died. He might pout if Natalie or Bo died but then he pouts most of the time anyway.

I thought Kevin was gone by this time but he was still in these episodes.

I know Tuc Watkins didn't like his material at this point but I think he, and his relationship with Dorian, are much more tolerable than most of the hahalaughnowdammit stuff of the last 3 years.

• Members

Yeah what gives?! Are we the only ones watching them? tongue.png I just tuned in to the last two that aired.

This was an ok time for GH for me. This was when Lucky was in rehab after that S/L where Maxie got him into drugs mad.gif UGH. Hated that but GV did soo good. I miss him so much as Lucky.

Watching Lulu and Maxie spar against each other, they work so much more as enemies and should always be. Seeing those scenes reminded me what Maxie did to Lulu's brother & makes me loathe how they're all best buds now rolleyes.gif And I still can't believe the show teases Lucky/Maxie possibly happening every once in a while. Just NO.

JMB (Lulu) looked so different then she does now. The difference is astonishing to me. Like she still has the same face but it's just so puffed up now!

Dillon and his Harry Potter glasses. LMAO! I miss him. And Georgie to.

Liz was a couple weeks pregnant with Jake! I loved her scenes with Emily when she was telling her the baby could be Jason's.

Liz: "But we did use protection -- it just wasn't very effective."

Emily: "Oh, no. What, enduros?"

Liz: "Uh, yeah. Jason -- I guess he's loyal to the family brand."

LOL.

Nanny Colleen! Ew anyone remember her?! I HATED that biotch. Her obsession with Nikolas and jealousy over Emily was painful to watch. lol. She reminds me of Lisa but Lisa is soo much better and played by a MUCH better Actress!

TC/Nikolas, damn what happened to him? Just wow. He was so much better in the earlier days. Same goes for Natalia Livingston, I ADORED her on GH...then she came to DAYS and I'm still in a "WTF" stage over that awfulness.

Alcazar was BAD ASS. I miss him to.

Archived