Classic AMC/OLTL

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOw I must be out of the loop--I had no idea. Is this just the late night showings? And have they said which episodes they'll air? I'm kinda surprised--and I hope they go pre 2005, but even with those episodes far from being classic it is long overdue. Was there a piece on this on SON? I can't find anything on Soapnet's page whatsoever...

• Members

I'm sure this is down to rights or whatever but the bottom line is I think they just don't have any interest in or respect for most of the older episodes. Frons probably sheds a tear every time a non-Rylee episode or Tess or McBain episode airs.

• Members

ABC owns those shows though--I don't see how it could be rights... And they never seem to have prob clearing them for their (rare) marathons.

Scotty, do they say at the start of the episodes what year it's from?

Actors don't get royalties unless it was in their original contract. This wouldn't be an issue... Music is, and of course back int he day ABC soaps actually used well known songs in some key moments--unlike the generic "no name" stuff we almost always get now. (i'm still shocked that back in 1997 ABC managed to license The Beatles for The City's finale)

• Members

I am praying they show them in order. Cause I want to see Tad explain to Dixie why he sold her up s-creek with out a paddle. And, it's supposed to be in tomorrow's episode.

Watching OLTL right now (DVR'ed)

Also. I didn't start the ABC soaps till a year after these aired. It's cool. I'll get to see Sabine's Greenlee on AMC, and the murder of Spencer Truman (thank God, I have seen eps with him and he's an annoyance) on OLTL. Also...LINDSAY+original Carlotta.

And, oh...these are all episodes (the AMC, the OLTL, and the GH) from September 2006. The GH is going to bring back memories of watching the show (when I first started) with that horrible Sirens opening with my lights off. It tripped me out when it was dark and I was on Ambien.

Archived