GH: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liz making the chocoloate milk laugh.png I LOVED the Hersheys syrup product placement! It was perfect. I loved that Liz/Cameron scene. Adorable!

LOL. I knew Jason wouldn't change. I said it when that promo came out and in the thread discussing the promo, I was told that I would be "shocked" because he would change blink.png?!?

Steve and Olivia in the shower? HOT!

LOL at Siobhans sister making a comeback. Wasn't expecting to see her. Didn't care for her shrieking and shouting!

lol AWFUL!

• Members

It aqsn't as shameful as those infamous DAYS product placements, by any means, more like that brief mention on AMC last Spring of Cadbury Cream Eggs--but sill it always makes me giggle, I don't know ANYONE who would say *Hershey* chocolate syrup unless I guess they were carefully telling someone what brand to pick up at the grocery store. I always wonder how much they pay for product placement, and how it compares to paying for the cost of a regular commercial.

• Members

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bsg1PGu38ak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think he is pretty talented as a singer, obviously trained, she too.

and while this is a silly duet, you can hear Eric Martsolf has a nice voice

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/otjHAG6YM-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members

correct this is a "prime opportunity" for Wolf to show me what he's got this could have been huge, major and opened up a lot of story yet he does nothing. Frons is sitting on this writer's shoulder and nothing will change....Again, I'm not that impressed with Brian Wolf A.K.A. Guza-lite. The product placement could have been more subtle or maybe because it was two in one day Hershey and the shower products I donl't have a problem with it but the writing could be more interesting or something that doesn't scream to me "product placement, product placement"

• Members

The thing is typically when a new writer takes over they get a lot of praise for their first 6 months because they are busy cleaning up the stories and messes from the prior regime. The cast balance on the show is tons better and they are giving some characters like Matt and Steve more story (not that I find either interesting) but its different and a change. But the problem I see is for the 3 lead characters its still the same. I don't see that changing and I don't know that it can at this point.

I also don't really see any investment in reconnecting or rebuilding family ties. I guess it was nice to have Skye drop in but have the Q's grown closer as a family unit as a result, the Spencers, well I don't even see them as a family. And Lucky one of their main guys is out in limbo with practically no believeable ties to the canvas anymore. He has no relationship really with anyone. He is the one character who is probably the prototype for the damage Guza did to the canvas. And the last really long term organic relationship, with his brother , was gutted and the brother now gone. Its odd because its the same thing they did to Nikolas over the years.

I get the sense they are trying to give everyone something so that when PP comes along next year they have more options on who to pick up versus a show like AMC who has to have Lucci to be marketable or OLTL who has to have Ted King's Tomas because he is the only one on the show with a decent Q rating.

• Members

Damned either way. Back at the end of July when the crash promos came out (around Wolf's, maybe, third or fourth broadcast show), people had their panties in a bunch, threatening to quit watching if Jason was anyone other than Morgan. So, unfortunately, this just comes down to a taste of personal preference as far as whether this story was worth it or not. It definitely was for Jasam fans (of which I am not one), so...

Quite frankly, with the lifeless portrayal Steve Burton gave all four Jasons -- including McCall's Morgan -- I wouldn't have expected it any other way.

In other news, can Sam get shot again please? The bitch has an extremely smart mouth for someone who has no use. "Just so you know, Jason doesn't take orders..." she says seconds before Jason hops out of bed to run behind cleaning up Sonny's messes... <_< Bitch, shut up.

Archived