GH: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry. Not in the budget. :)

With all due respect, AllmyDaysatGH, but I have to agree with R Sinclair: if you, along with others here, are unhappy when GH focuses too much away from the hospital, and you're unhappy when it focuses too much on hospital-related stories, where's the happy medium?

• Members

Precisely. Sonny's had his day. Hell, he's had his TWO DECADES. The antiheroes ruled the roost, basked in all the glory and ate up the show with a voracious appetite. Now it's time for the actual "heroes" of the show -- the doctors and the police officers who actually make an effort to do good things for others -- to get back into their respectful positions of being flawed, yet relatively decent and human characters. This whole "Sonny and Jason are the ONLY ones who know pain which is why they're allowed to bully and murder" schtick is beyond tired. What's happening to Sonny has been a looooooong time coming. Since it's basically a lost hope to think Sonny's going to be knocked down a peg or three by any of the cartoon villains they create as Sonny's latest nemesis, I'll accept that he's knocking himself down via his own destructive behavior.

I want to believe the Horse when she says she's done and is galloping away from Sonny's black hole of a life. I do. And I can admit that the woman that's playing the Horse is trying her limited best to sell it... (here it comes) BUT... I don't know if I can. I have a feeling she's going to back to bucking and neighing the minute Kate comes back into the picture and we'll be back to excusing and rationalizing Sonny via Carly. However, that's me putting my Guza expectations onto Wolf, so let's just say, I'm watching with caution.

• Members

Speaking of Laura Wright's efforts at a better portrayal...I stumbled across this clip I'd completely forgotten about. I actually think she does well in this scene. Yes, It would have had a much bigger impact/effect with SJB in the role, but I think it was a very raw, real moment.

• Members

Who's that woman with one of Jackie Zeman's old faces?!?

But in all seriousness, for all of us anti LWCarly posters, what would it take to fix the character under its current portayer?

For me personally, she truly must be done with Sonny. I think even a gal pal would do wonders for the character. All the smugness and unnecessary bullying must go. I'm not saying she has to become the town saint but there's gotta be some balance. Honestly the only character I find her tolerable around is Shawn and at one time I really enjoyed CarJax until she banged Sonny. But Shawn does bring out a softer and lighter side out of the character and actress in general and I'd like more of that.

Archived