GH: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GH should rip off Days and do a story where a doctor is harvesting organs to sell on the black market. Spinelli can be one of the victims. Matt can be revealed to be the doc and get the typical insta-psycho write off. Take out 2 problems with one story

• Members

I'm fine/was fine with Spinelli as the occasionally used magic lap top internet wiz who always helps everyone out in the most unrealistic ways with a simple few clicks on a keyboard. LOL. I don't see the show killing him off because he always seems to be their way of conveniently solving problems or just getting things ahead smoothly without having to make things so complicated...anything complicated is never touched upon that much because Spinelli always knows. LOL.

Or maybe that was just a Guza thing & Garin will have a different take....

• Members

Spinelli is another example of a character who was ruined because of the mob. He was a quirky computer nerd who had a crush on Lulu and a friendship with Georgie. He used to do things for Tracy and Luke out of loyalty to Lulu, and it was always funny to see those interactions. The problems with the character started when he was stuck with Jason and then with Sonny. Those two kill every character. Maxie saved Spinelli - and vice versa - but when the two were broken apart, things went downhill for Spin even faster because he was only with Sason.

The kindest thing TPTB can do for Spinelli at this point is to separate him from the Mobbies and move him back into the Lulu/Maxie circles of interaction. The PI thing has potential because Sam and Spin have great sibling chemistry and the lad if extremely bright. He has mad chemistry with every woman on the canvas, from Molly through Diane to Tracy. He even has good chemistry with Mac, Luke and Edward. He has all the makings of a really spectacular character who can do just about anything because he's outside the box with no structured thinking. We don't even know who his family are.

I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I would rather have Spinelli in the mix than an endless stream of he-hunks and hair models.

• Members

Spinelli started off in the mob world. His very first story was that nonsense with Lorenzo and Jason protecting him. When the writers saw potential in him, they bumped off Stan and made Spinelli the go to computer guy for Jason and Sonny. He's always been tied to the mob world.

• Members

I would delve more into his background. Who is he (really)? Where did he come from? Does he have any family? How is his relationship(s) with them? Questions like these can open up a character and reveal more layers, I think.

• Members

I don't think that qualifies as Mob World. He did some stupid computer hacking for Alcazar while he was in university. That's very different then now where he's running the mob's financials and undermining legal surveillance equipment on a regular basis. Alcazar wasn't dependent on Spin nor did he try to bring him into the centre of his world.

• Members

your missing the point though in that his introduction was via the mob. The character was interacting with Sonny and Jason from the very beginning andthe show established ties through them in order to keep him on the show. Spinelli has never been independent on his own without mob connections.

• Members

I honestly don't think I'm missing the point as much as I'm looking at it from a different angle. I don't see Spin's involvement with Alcazar as really being in the mob. He was a punk ass kid with mad computer skills who didn't see any problem with crossing the line, and Alcazar certainly didn't hold Spin in a high place of trust. Sason however, have him living, eating, drink, and breathing all things mob. To me there is a huge difference between the two.

• Members

Anyway, I maintain my position, Bradford Anderson definitely put in WORK in the bedside scenes.

As far as this horrid disdain for Spinelli, I don't feel it. I just look at him as some quirky peripheral soap opera character. The Jackal PI thing was badly written, but I didn't run screaming into the night. I like him with Maxie and I enjoy the Spinelli/Stonecold friendship. Would I be sad if Spinelli were a victim of a mob shooting and died a tragic death? No. But I don't hate the character either. I think he's harmless.

Archived