Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^^^GROSS!!!! If Victor is too old for Diane, Tucker is positively ANCIENT compared to Abby. Although it would serve Ashley right, having her dawg of a fiancee screw her daughter.

I wish Abby would bust a cap in Tucker. God, that man is obnoxious. I don't know what Ash is smokin', but it sure has her snowed about him.

• Members

I got the chance interview Michelle Stafford for a quick two minutes before her fan event this past weekend. Nothing spoilerish:

Also some highlights from the event here

She basically said that they won't be doing anything further regarding Adam/Phyllis (she likes them better as enemies). Remained tight-lipped about the custody battle.

• Members

Diane walking in on Victor and Nikki and her taking pictures was an odd scene. I mean I felt nothing, no excitement or anything, more of let's just get this story over with in spite of the classic Y&R tune in the background. I'm not too thrilled Nikki gave into Victor in a single show.

• Members

That's because they spend five eppys showing us how great and benevolent Victor is, while Nikki and Diane gets five lines in one episode...you can't make a good story out of that.

I will say, MTS looked fabulous today. As did Maura and Eileen. Hmmn...coincidence that Ash and Diane were in black with white jackets? Or foreshadowing?

• Members

JW and TR look so cute in that screen cap. It's nice to see them, I need to be reminded they are still on the show. The plan must be to use them for stories involving Cane (or Cane twin)/Lily only, which I think begins after Memorial Day. And the new Genevieve appears to be replacing Jill in that family after that.

Is anyone aware of problems between JW and MAB/Sony/CBS or anything Y/R? It occurs to me they only use Jill twice a year.

* December 09 & Jan 2010 -William Russ's Tucker and Katherine

* August 10- the short Jill/Lauren sister story

* Dec 10 & Jan 11- Cane death story.

And June 11 in another Cane story.

She no longer included in the business stories or her blood family. Both her grandchildren Delia, and Lucy are involved in custody cases and she has no idea. I remember last year no one ever informed her about Victoria miscarriage either. Once in awhile they have her attend a kids birthday party as background, but she's never involved in the story at all.

I thought her pairing with Colin was a big hit. I was expecting for them to become more involved in GC. I don't get why they go to great pains to include Katherine in stories yet completely ignore Jill exists, you would think she's dead. When Billy says he's going over to Chancellor Mansion to attend to anything Delia/ Ester/Chloe related, the character seem unaware that his mother Jill resides there also. If it was your parent wouldn't you call it Mom's house? I always find this peculiar.

• Members

Jill is a very complicated character and MAB and Sheffer don't do complicated. She is also the type of actress Rauch and Sheffer would have little time for. Having her away also makes it easier to write Katherine as a saint, which is clearly how they see her.

The show wanted her out in 2009 and my guess is she would have been if not for negative fan reaction and also the turmoil involving MTS and Eric Braeden and their negotiations.

This is their new chance to get her out, and to make people think this is a good thing, because they have Genie Francis, and hey, who cares about anything on Y&R if you have Genie Francis, Eden Reigel, Liz Hendrickson, Stehen Nichols, and any other "name" you can find who used to be on ABC.

If anything Y&R probably resented Jill and Colin having fans. I doubt that was the intention.

• Members

I don't know about all of that but

Y&R still is good. I thought Traci looked really bad in that haircut and that horrible color.

I am not feeling Abby at all. That was such a weird ending today.

I don't understand why TPTB are trying to go all out in trying to Keep Billy Miller on the show. Plenty of ABC folks are gonna need work.

Victor has been a bit softer lately. This merry go round with Nikki is so stupid. They are too old to be acting like this.

And that slut ass Diane is getting everything she deserves. I wonder if she is going to use that picture of Victor and Nikki in a divorce suit. Other than that why did she take it.? I am also glad Jack didn't give into Diane again. Good for Jack. I hope they give him a woman. Genie Francis maybe?

I am also mad at how CLB got a nom for lead actor. Lead in what? Maybe I am forgetting but can some one remind what "Lead" story he had?

Archived