Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Lauren/Phyllis dynamic is so what I hoped the Diane/Phyllis dynamic would be. Lauren just takes NONE of Phyllis' crap. As for her BS that Danny "took" Daniel or she didn't "fight" hard enough---what a freakin' rewrite! Like Phyl just meekly allowed the court to take Daniel away? GMAFB. Phyllis simply thinks anything short of winning is "not fighting hard enough."

• Members

That's how their relationship has always been but Diane has to constantly go under the bus since Giggly must be propped at all times (as does every other woman on the show).

And like you said it's only a matter of time before Daniel thanks her useless ass & every other character on the canvas loses so she wins. Again.

Amen.

• Members

Yes but Phyllis is a bullying bitch who just told her BFFs Michael and Lauren that their fears regarding Daisy's psychotic, murderous tendencies were a figment of their imagination (Monday's episode comes to mind).

Phyllis is just... god, she is awful. Like, she's worse than LW's Carly on GH. Chloe is up there, too. Did you hear that Kevin propping sh*t last week with Lauren, Granny Cooper and Chloe chief among them? And the way she asked for help from "a friend" (ROTFLMAO) at the local TV news? I would have hung up on her bitchy shrew a$$, Delia or no.

Good scene between Ashley and Abby today. I really like the dynamic between Eileen Davidson (who looked amazing) and Marcy Rylan. MR is a real breath of fresh air on the show, especially when she's not bogged down with the Victor/Victoria sludge. I love it when Abby is throwing Tucker's fakery back in his face.

• Members

Yep. I just want to say that I respect the opinions of the people who love the character and want her and Daniel to raise the baby. I know I went off in the last thread, but it's just driving me crazy, that Y&R won't address the rape directly. I feel like it's such an insult to people who have been victimized and incredibly sexist. I would be fine with Daniel wanting Lucy, but not the way it is going down now, with Phylis forcing it on him with no sensitivity at all to what he went through.

I'm probably one of the few people on this board who like Villy together, but I think Billy has to do some sort of jail time here. You can't buy a baby under any circumstances and get away with it, you just can't.

Archived