Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Be warned -- there is a LOT of Kevin propping in today's US episode. Granny Chancellor gets the Crimson Lights employees gathered and gives them a pep talk about handing out flyers marked "Find Kevin." She mentions about two billion times how Kevin "risked his life" to save her wrinkly asss :rolleyes: (was this before or after he tried to gaslight her on Mommy's orders?) and then she starts yapping about how ole Kev always had a smile and free cup o' coffee for anybody in need. Must have missed that episode. All I saw was a shifty-eyed sexual predator serving lattes and giving high school girls the once-over.

The reason Granny McSenile has to give everybody a pep talk? Because Gloria and Chloe were being so disagreeable, sh*tty and vomitous, nobody wanted to take their flyers. :lol:

Also. Victoria's hair (and eyebrows) were a mess of scarecrow proportions. I will say that Amelia Heinle managed to out-act the very overrated Billy Chompers at the end of the episode. The less said about Phyllis, the better. Except that she seems the kind of spiteful person who sees somebody with something and instantly wants to lay claim on it for herself.

• Members

Cat, I agree... Heinle finally pulled the coke spoon out of her nose and really WORKED today. And somehow I knew that Miller would not bring the goods. And last year, you had people praising Miller and Roasting Thom, well, boys and girls, Thom can actually CRY on the damn show when the script calls for it! Miller today looked fidgety and annoying as hell. He got too much praise too soon, and now he's been resting on laurels and skating by for more than a year now. That final scene was PERFECTLY written and blocked with excellent camera shots... Amelia BROUGHT it, the background music was perfect, and that SOB let all the air right out of the balloon. such a damn shame.

• Members

I haven't seen any of this yet so I can't say, but I guess I will anyway.

Amelia is a decent actress when she gets the chance. She proved that on Loving, and on that dopey Ghost Whisperer episode a few years ago. She just usually doesn't get the chance, and she doesn't make an effort.

I never saw Miller make an effort, and the show rewarded him for that. Several years later I still cringe at the Billy/Jack scenes after Jack learned of his fling with Sharon. Miller was so hammy, so selfish in his acting choices, and didn't bother to make any connection with Bergman.

This is what gets you attention on Y&R. Morrow has done it for years, and so does Miller.

Thom actually tried, and had easy chemistry with many co-stars, and didn't do muggy posturing and insecure machismo. So of course he had no place on Y&R.

• Members

Muggy posturing. Exactly. Miller does seem to just be hammy and tick ridden, and doesn't make any connection whatsoever with his co-stars. And as tick-ridden as Stafford is, at least she has chemistry and makes the damn connections! (It saves her, acutally). BTW... they should never put Leblanc and Yani Gellman in the same shot. When the two of them were sitting on the couch, Yani looked so PRETTY and just yummy in every way, while Leblanc looked WAY HAGGERED, like he needed cold water splashed in his face. That obsessive low body fat thing Leblanc does has also taken away all the fat from his face, and he looks exteremly gaunt. Seeing as how he's an attorney on this show, i'd think the appearance of his face would be more important than his body. Doug Davidson is not as thin and lanky as he was years ago... and that's exactly what makes him look so good for his age, that litle bit of extra weight works wonders when your'e over 50.

• Members

Alphanguy, I must stick up for Christian LeBlanc! First of all, I think he has been nursing a cold in this week's set of episodes, caught him holding a hankerchief to his nose a couple of days back. Secondly, I really do think that CLB looks damn fine for his age. Men tend to age well in general, and the fact that he looks older than Yani, well, Yani's a baby! It's not just CLB's body (which is tight) but his face is settling well into its cragginess (yes, I had a crush on CLB back in the day. Before... you know... it dawned on me). God, if CLB ever had a face lift, it would be the worst thing ever. Better to look like a hot 50-year old than a desperate 50-year old who wants to look 20.

Amelia was good yesterday. I think acting with that cute baby playing Lucy helped her (and the fact that she is a mother IRL). The structure of the scene was meant to showcase Miller first and foremost, though, and he blew it. In fact, AH stole the scene from him, first when she handed the baby to CPS and kept her arms and body around Lucy until the last possible moment, like she physically could not BEAR to have that baby wrenched from her arms. And secondly when he tried to hold her and she threw his arms off her like he had the plague.

Miller seemed a little checked out, perhaps mentally he has already left the show behind.

• Administrator

I will give Billy Miller credit for punching the table so freakin hard. That must've hurt big time! I also think he was good in today's US episode - the scene with Chloe.

• Members

Yes, Miller made up for it in part when he turned the tables on Chloe and pointed out her mother-of-the-year decision to date that "weird little freak" Kevin. I also loved Victoria spitting "you're just a vindictive little hypocrite." Pretty much cheered when Chloe's ass being served up to her on a plate. It's about time somebody referenced Chloe and Kevin's psycho pasts.

• Members

In the context of the scene it might not have fit as it dealt with issues between those three specifically. ITA, though, and it is amazing to me how Villy and their lawyer have not questioned whether a former stalkerfan/kidnapper/rapist/attempted murder is really the right person to be getting full custody of her grandchild baby. I mean, surely Danny would constitute a safer pair of hands? How about Gina?

The worse thing about Giggly Heffa, though, is that she doesn't want this baby for herself -- she's too busy writing defamatory [!@#$%^&*] on the internet, screwing barmen on back-alley dumpsters and dressing like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. No, she wants to force Lucy on Daniel. She wants to control and dominate his life by tying him to a child he is plainly not ready to raise.

Archived