Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Members

It can't because Y&R's cast is so huge. But I think we'd have more of a chance of seeing her consistently if they would pick a story as PJ suggested. That's why I really want a Phick/Diane triangle, even though a lot of people are against that. There was a time when Y&R would have done a triangle like that real justice. Still, there might be some hope of MW getting more story with summer vacations and all. I guess well have to see how certain things play out.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, HE doesn't know? I thought he did, that's why there was an awkward moment when he "congratulated" them after the engagement.

TRU DAT. GF....I seriously expect we'll get some BS "Maura needs family time" announcement to explain why Diane is suddenly shipped out of town for three months. Good grief, she's going to have a least 10 episodes this month. Mercy, mercy. *eyeroll*

• Members

See, now you have totally piqued my interest with that spoiler!

The thing I hate about Diane is how she has been reduced by her interactions with Jack, Victor and Nick to believing that the only way she can get by is by whoring herself out to the Billionaire Boys Club of Genoa City. I can understand why in the sense that she likes money and power and this is the quickest way to gamble on acquiring some. The way MW plays it, especially in her interactions with Victor, is as somebody who is rather vulnerable, who is treated with disdain by a man who doesn't even look at her when he barks out orders. She settled on this kind of marriage because she figured her heart wouldn't have a chance of being broken. MW has won me over with her careful way of playing the vixen. However, I wish they'd put Diane in some position of business power, either at jabot or NI, and wield her power that way. Because I know MW would *rock* that.

And I wish Morrow weren't such a [!@#$%^&*] about the Diane-Nick connection because I still think both characters brought out a hell of a lot of chemistry in each other. Much more so than with either Stafford or Chase. But heck, if they want to stick her with

go for it.

• Members

Diane has never really needed a man. She (like most Y&R women) has done desperate things to keep her men during & after relationships but for the most part she always was relatively independent with her own mind, goals & ambitions. So it's ridiculous that all of the sudden the only way Diane can survive is to prostitute herself to rich men.

Diane was never a gold digger though & Y&R (Hogan) divesting her of any independence & intelligence is sexist & serious character assassination. In fact she's never been a Gloria if anything she's closer to Jill (who Y&R also hates).

Exactly.

Maura plays Diane like a frightened mail order bride.

Not a chance.

"Career" women no longer exist on Y&R.

Lauren & Jill are invisible glorified extras/professional victims & the less said about Victoria the better.

• Members

Well, as screwed up as Diane's history is...it would kind of make sense that Diane sees her looks as an asset---she was after all a model at one point.

But since TIIC no longer bother with trivial things like motivation nothing really grounds Diane's actions. I've got nothing against a little hate sex, or even the wham-bamming of adults who suddenly find themselves attracted to each other and have a free afternoon. But running after Tucker because of a text message is redonkulous. I don't recall them speaking between Christmas and Thursday, FCOL. A vague, two-line apology is all it takes for her to forget the way he kicked her out of bed AND fired her after Phyl's poisoned rehashing of her history? REALLY? *eyeroll*

As for

• Members

Possibly.

But that would be major regression for Diane (like lying about her work to be hired by Tucker).

Me either.

The problem isn't Diane having sex.

With Jack & Victor it's somewhat understandable given her respective histories with them but with Nick that whole "relationship" was so ridiculous & implausible (mainly because of Morrow) that it's best not revisited.

Exactly.

After two or three playdates with their kids she suddenly has serious feelings for Nick? Enough to risk her faux marriage that would guarantee her money?

And like you said the thing with Tucker makes even less since given they've barely interacted since he fired her & now she's running after HIM like a lovesick puppy?

• Members

Oh, SNAP. Frankly if Diane never again breathes the same air as Nick, I'll be happy. JM is a lousy actor, and if his 'tude keeps him from appreciating Maura, he can ride out on the same tired horse he rode in on. Or Heffa, I guess.

And...

UGH...you're so RIGHT. I should have seen that, shouldn't I? And I agree---this week is really the first time I've liked CLB.

Archived