Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its a real pity Dru's daughter is given such victimizing material.

Only Sheffer could write that!

I think the show is at least somewhat watchable, tolerable in some aspects. This isn't like last year or 2009 but you I currently have zero expectations for the show and really don't care for anyone on the show except Nikki, Jill, Diane, as well as Neil/Leslie.

• Members

I know. It was camptastic. Back in the day, Brenda could actually act. But not in the 80s! I love her Jill, though. She is such a Joan Collins-wannabe, a glamorous sex kitten and that drives Kay NUTS. Plus the way the scene itself plays out gave me goosebumps -- the way Kay said "GOODBYE, tramp!" was borderline psychotic.

Well, after yesterday's episode, it is clear what is going on re: Lily and Cane. Y&R sure had me fooled for a moment there, what with Colin walking in with GhostCane standing right there and Colin being all "Who are you talking to? There is nobody here." Later, when Neil shows up, GhostCane disappears. The first hint that something wasn't kosher.

Daniel Goddard's ability to ooze false sincerity and saccharine sliminess is being put to good use. There was a point yesterday where I thought "Wow, I guess even ghosts get horny." Even though this is FauxCane, in a weird way I always suspected that RealCane was exactly like this person: a coward, liar and con artist -- his whole demeanour always smacked of insincerity and opportunism.

• Members

Thank you for a great laugh.

To Mr. Pual Raven- It's not being easily pleaed. Y&R has been dreadful for weeks on end before sweeps. Y&R has been must see for me since the week before sweeps. I am really enjoyng this new Ashely plot. And Diane and Adam. Things look promising. I have been hard on MAB, but when it's good I'll call it out just like the bad. I am just thankful i am able enoying my favorite show. After watching two years of crappy stories Y&R has been really good for me at least any way. I hope She keeps it up

MAB if you read this, I guve you an A for May sweeps. Good job

• Members

Well it's certainly not the same Y&R I don't like the characters I loved for such a long time at all now. I like Diane, and I like Abby. I either hate, dislike, or don't care one way or the other for many others. I do like Ashley's story, I will always have a sick addiction to the Nikki, Victor beat as long as it is not overdone with Nicki being abused by Victor (relatively speaking). Nick bores me to death now, Phyllis needs a life, Katherine has become so annoying, where in the world is Jill, Sharon's nothing past a slut to me, I oddly still like Jack because they can't do nothing worse to make him anymore Pathetic (I think Bergman is underrated in how many times he saves the character here) and he maintains a sense of humor about (again Bergman), Sophia is ok, yay Traci! Adam's still a jerk but his brother Nick serves less of a purpose, Victoria can't even focus on looking as presentable as Victoria nowadays I don't know that character, ugggggh @ Billy Miller as Billy Abbot, I like that Michael's back to supporting but ease him out of Victor's backside a bit, I still like Lauren (somehow I think of it as all the idiotic things tht happened to the character is not the character's fault), Oh and poor KSJ/ Neil (nothing new). Don't think I care about any of the others

Archived