Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Members

While I disagree that they have chemistry....at least Diane wasn't taking his crap today. It just makes me madder that Maura was fired. I will admit, Morrow finally looked liked he GAF today, instead of moping through his scenes with her.

Genie Francis---welcome to storyline hell. I'm not impressed by her vacant "I'm an Evil Queen Bitch---really!!" stare, but there's no chance in hell of getting out of this story with a viable character.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is she evil? I'm not getting that so far. She might not be exactly good, but Colin got her daughter killed so I can understand why she is going after him. It seems like she and Cane are trying to stop him from stealing the twins.

• Members

But she's more concerned about getting to watch Colin go down than the fact her grandchildren's mother is in a NutHut.

She seems to care more about her china tea cup and orchids (or whatever those green monstrosities were) than her son, for that matter.

• Members

I thought they were hot stuff, too, but I am bracing myself for today's episode. I fully expecte Nick to start tossing around "whore" and throw Diane out of her own hotel room by her hair. After all, he learnt from the best worst.

Ever since that interview, I am beyond over Morrow and his tantrums. I thought he was a laid-back team player but I guess not. I will say that I searched endlessly for signs of anti-chemistry and latent RL resentment in yesterday's Diane-Nick scenes and didn't find anything. Both actors were on point and committed. Especially on Maura's part.

• Members

I think they have chemistry from the very beginning...I like Maura's Diane it took some getting use to but it began to work but the writing of her hasn't been all there for me..and putting her with Victor was a huge mistake when I pretty much got over them why emphasize it?

..I think she could have worked better if they would not have her remarry Victor which didn't make a lick of sense and he dumped her anyway.

• Members
I wholeheartedly agree

...I'm getting the same disrespect with Becky, Tyler and Ingo on GH I don't put the blame on her because these shows have always done this GH is notorious for branding their show with actresses from cancelled out shows while ignoring the vets who have been on for over a decade.

I get that they don't give Devon, Neil story, promos etc, other than coddling LiLy and their (IMO) mistreatment of MTS, who will be on hiatus it seems (and Jess Walton) whom I am also a fan of but I remember when they did the same thing when Niki came on gave her a lot of air same thing with Victor...Phyliis but that's them. I watched before all them showed up. I'm just enjoying her on screen acting in daytime again and I'm not even all that thrilled about the storyline being stuck with Cane, Lily and them babies....

GH treated her like crap...and crapped on the history of Luke/Laura while pimping Tony to a fare-de-well when if it hadn't been for her he wouldn't have a job...there is blatant disrespect of actors on mostly all the shows behind/in front the scenes and some cases both...always have been this isn't new. Do I like it? No, but in this case since they are determined to over-hype I'm glad it was Genie this time. Because they will still do this after she leaves.

• Members

Genie isn't in the same place as someone like Eden Reigel, who probably genuinely thought this was going to be a good career move. I can see where Genie had washed her hands of doing soaps and didn't need the work, and is back for a crazy role that will challenge her. So if it doesn't go well then it's no skin off her nose.

But I do think any actor, aside from one or two like Michael Muhney or Billy Miller, who has come onto this show in the last 3-4 years has ended up being burned, and in some cases, probably losing a lot of their luster and appeal (Reigel again).

• Members

Exactly and I agree like I said I'm just glad to see her on the screen at the moment soaps are dying its good to see her again; Genie said flat out she wanted to work repeatedly and it was her dream or wish on Oprah to get back into daytime that's how she got this job she moved from Maine and said she'd kept a place in LA for two years so she was trying to find work as an actress..when she called GH they said it was no audience for her character among many other demeaning things...then stopped taking her calls

I don't get into the inequity and all that because it is what it is... ...but (Juliajms) I don't see her role as evil yet. Scheming manipulating yes...although she clearly had no use for Caleb (the evil twin) especially after shooting her daughter (Samantha)? Right now she seems to have a beef with Colin taking the Cane/Lily twins. So I'm hoping this will at least put Jess in a storyline where Colin sees the real Jill come out to play. In this storyline I'm waiting for Jill to find out about Colin...I take what I can get these days.

I've watched useless roles in front burner storylines on soaps since the 70's and there are a lot of useless roles currently esp... on Y/R and they will still be useless when she leaves. Like Cane's I'm not getting him in this he sees his wife screaming losing her mind in severe distress and he still is going on with this plan? And the plan doesn't make sense...so why is Cane pretending to go along with Colin anyway...I must have missed that.

Re: Jeanne I too have noticed that Jeanne is frailer e.g. slurring words she doesn't have as much pep in her step but 80 years I hope I can be as spry.

Archived