Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Members

Maybe Bergman got all sentimental when reading the Jabot references in his script and decided to bring it out of retirement? Man, I love that Swoop.

Not feeling Sam the Vet but Sharon Case won me over today as she lay in her bed thinking about Cassie and crying quietly. Sharon will never be over Cassie's death. It really highlights how much Nick and Phyllis screwed Sharon over when they had their affair -- and then tried to blame it on Sharon "pushing Nick away." Meanwhile, Sherry's dark hair is still looking good.

Feather is SOOOOO not needed on this show. Doug Davidson meanwhile? Indispensible.

No Victor today. This is a good thing.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed today was sos o but not boring.

I really love the angle Phyills is playing in this baby Lucy saga. I LOL at "The Real home Wreckers of Genoa City" Good one. I do love Adam and Diane sticking it to Nick.

I'm so over chance. Good bye and dont come back ya hear.

Tomorrows loks like it's going to be good too.

again I have to say I love Phyills new set

• Members

Whenever Cooper, Walton and Cast are in the same room, it's magic. If only they were actually written well. I hate how they're showing Katherine not just as a saint, but a fragile old woman.

Talk about music elevating a scene... when Chance told Katherine, Jill and Nina that stupid story, the music was heartbreaking. It brought tears to my eyes.

There are no words to describe how stupid the stuff with Phyllis/Daniel/Lucy/Victoria/Billy is.

Sharon remembering Cassie was kind of sad but also very manipulative. I like the fact that her death hasn't been forgotten but they just use it as means to an end and it's cheap. Adam tearing up felt more real, though not by much.

• Members

I agree that Katherine needs her bite back... but otherwise, I'm LOVING today's eppy. Jess' hair and blouse were gorgeous, FINALLY. Maybe someone told her to stop looking like a frump. This whole Chance SL I think is well written, but as usual, Reigel lays a big turd right in the middle of it. it's amazing how this woman can take virtually any scene, any SL, and just bring it to it's knees just by her mere presence onscreen. I don't think I've ever seen any actress so wrong on this show. I thought the Lucy/Phyllis/Daniel/Victoria/Billy SL was kind of poorly executed until today and the scenes with Graz and Stafford. That scene was VERY well done. It's making it obvious that Giggly heffa is projecting her emotional baggage onto her son, and he is calling her on it, which I LOVE. Glad that Stafford seems to be dialing it back just a bit, at least for now. That broad can be WAY too animated. Incidentally, how incredible did she look in tomorrow's previews in that white dress? that is a REALLY good color for her, she should do it more often (and this reminds me of when the Nazi moderators at the SONY boards suspended me for three days for saying that Stafford should NEVER wear hot pink... LOL)

• Members

The thing is Giggly's projected issues make no sense.

She HAS her miracle child (who she constantly abandons) & she's had absolutely NO problem about causing the same horrible pain to others (TWICE) that she went through.

Her issues also makes no sense given that Daniel was never forced on her (unlike Danny) & her own sociopathy (along with the custody judge) are the reasons why she lost Daniel.

Daniel didn't have a choice but she did.

On top of everything else she's willing to force an unwanted child on her raped son, destroy her BOSS family & bring the psycho mother of her granddaughter (who terrorized her "best friend's" wife) back to town just to "win".

Absolutely ridiculous.

• Members

It's not rational... but I think it fits Phyllis's MO. She needs to CONTROL people, program them to do what SHE wants. Heck, she kidnapped and tortured Danny years ago in order to keep him close. She was a stalkerfan.

When Daniel confronted her yesterday and she shouted "I am a GREAT mother to Summerrrrrrrrrrr!" it just highlighted what an egotist Giggly is. Her baby was her ticket to reinvention. She could become the sainted "Great Mother" and use it to bludgeon people to death with it (Nick, Sharon, now Billy, Victoria and Daniel). She's a lot like Carly on GH in that respect, hiding behind her children and using them to make herself look good. She's looking to pull that stunt again with Daniel's child ("look at me, wanting to take care of a poor, innocent baby!"). I think Y&R is totally on board with that interpretation because they are portraying and filming her like the psycho she is. Poor Lucy!

• Members

LOVED today's episode....especially the Phyllis/Daniel and Phyllis/Lauren scenes. LOL at Kevin's fantasy....very JER.

And how about all of those cliffhangers at the end?! Daisy reading the blog, Lauren vowing to kill Daisy, Lily telling Neil to take the kids, A dark-cloaked Genie Francis approaching Caleb...great ending!

• Members

Today was so good. I did not like the Kevin and Chloe whatchamacallit scenes. .

I loved the ending when Genie stepped out into the darkness. Now that was JERish. The first thing that came to mind was the Lady in White on days.

I so love how this baby Lucy saga is still playing out. I called it dumb at first but boy MAB is playing it out pretty damn good. And BAM there she was daisy looking a hot ass mess.

Today's ep had great music as well I loved it

Oh and when did Lauren grow a pair of balls? Oh now she want to whoop some ass. Get out of here with that. Bitch u shoulda been done that ol' dummy.

Is it just me, whenever I see Devon and that ear piece I think of LML?

• Members

Phyllis = LW's Carly. It's official.

I hate that comedy stuff with the mobster who "doesn't hurt women or children" and his little dog. Oh, I see. It's meant to be hilarious because the dog is so little and he's so fat. Yeah. Still not funny.

---------------------------

Watching Friday's US episode. Wut? The [!@#$%^&*]? "Do you want a cookie, love? A COOKIE, LOVE?"

One good thing, I think this is the first time I have seen Christel truly act.

Archived