Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Members

I still have a tough time believing Rylan as Abby. I just see a constant plot device/someone to be degraded.

Maura is out of luck on any Sheffer show. He gave her garbage on ATWT and he probably has even less use for her here, because there is no Craig figure for him to obsess over (Victor and Chompers and Adam may all have parts of Craig, but the slimy sociopath that was Hunt Block Craig seemed to be Sheffer's dream come true).

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ROFL - and am still laughing while I'm typing this.

Devon lusting for Lily is just another storyline ticket to hell. The whole Devon-Lily thing has always been gross. And unexplicable with Christel in the role but never mind. But GRAZ has gotten so smarmy with his look and acting over the years, he makes his FakeDad/victim #10627 of Phyllis' revisionist history look like a mega-stud in review.

• Members

A chill just went up my spine as I realized that Hunt Block has yet to be cast on Y&R... but he still could be.

I just came back from Nice over Easter and caught French Y&R which was straight from the Latham years and dubbed (bien sûr). Well, first of all, Phyllis had just been arrested for blackmail or something and wasn't allowed to take care of baby Summer without supervision. God, remember the days when EVEN Lynn Marie Troll, who worshipped the ground Michelle Stafford walked on, had Phyllis thrown in jail for a misdeed she actually did?

Secondly, Vail Bloom. Not even kidding, she was not a bad actress. She and Michael Grazadei had MAJOR sparkage. AND she was a stunning, bodacious babe who worked that long hair and close-fitting business suit and heels like nobody's business. I seriously do not understand why she was let go.

Thirdly, Graz was looking almost as hot as Vail! Remember when MG was clean-shaven and had short-hair that was golden-tinged and kind of wavy and a tan and it brought out his blue eyes? And he dressed in clean clothing? Yeah. I watched the whole episode. It reminded me why I like Daniel in the first place. I still think he and Lily have some legs. Christel isn't quite so "Like, OMG, totally" and annoying with him. I feel like they are equals, not like with fakery-sweet Daddy Cane and his child bride.

• Members

They had great chemistry back in the day and maybe still could. Problem is as you pointed out, Daniel's or rather Graz's filthification which makes me lose my appetite at once.

And shame for you for watching TV whilst being in France... My guess is, you were at the wrong coast. LOL I was in Biarritz (and some more of the basque country) one week before and never thought of turning on the TV...

• Members

It was the one rainy day, and I had just arrived from the airport, so I was unpacking while it was on. TRUST me when I say I was out and about in the sunshine, beaches and lavender-scented hills the rest of the time.

• Members

Yep that's all the Winters basically do is coddle Lily (except this Sophia/Malcom/Neil triangle). Even Sofia started coddling LiLy. I'm not a huge fan of triangles but in this case its something different.

She looked like a two year old throwing a temper tantrum she came off terrible to me. I can't determine if Cane is dead or alive.

• Members

I'll say it---TEAM ABBY! Not only is she right about Tucker---who wouldn't have lost it with the way Ash was talking to her? The ONLY reason Ash lit into Abs was because she bought Tucker's "Abs is so going to sell me her shares to give to you for a wedding present" BS. Ash was so concerned Jack was somehow "taking advantage" of Abs, she completely overlooked the fact Tucker has been in Abby's face about this more than once. Abby only lashed out when Ash made it clear she was more concerned about Tucker's feelings than Abby's.

Abby was spot on about every man in Ash's life walking all over her and being so desperate that she's missing those flashing red "danger" signs.

As for today---it's so sad in a way---Maura was knocking it out of the park, showing us Diane's pain as she spied on Victor once again confiding in Nikki, with absolutely no dialogue. And what do these brilliant IIC do with that? Send her to screw Jack. Although frankly, the thought of Diane "starting her own personal war" on Victor gives me hope. (Idiot that I am.)

Archived