Y&R: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A very good episode today. Ashely should have slapped the taste out of Abby's mouth but I did love her selling her stock to Jack. I did feel like she should have sold them a lot cheaper to Jack but hey whatever. I just love Abby sticking it to Tucker.

I am disappointed in Olivia in partaking in this baby mess. And Neil is tripping being so obvious about things. I mean I wish MAB wasnt going here with them but at least it's been pretty good so far. And I am glad it gets the Winters something juicy to play.

FINALLY My dear emmy award winning Bryton McClure, or simply Devon is getting something to do. I really like the Dynamic they have set up With Devon/Cane/Lily/Daniel.

And Looking at tomorrows preveiws it seems like its going to be good again.

I am liking this Cane and Lily thing. This time around I guess. i can really feel the love between them. Cane made some comments that he is not real. I'm dying to see if this kiss today will boost ratings for that date. Let's test the this so called Lily and Cane theory out

You can really tell it's sweeps.

• Members

I think it does count on a soap, otherwise we wouldn't have a cast. :lol:. I'm not saying I want Billy to do 10 years of hard time. I just want to see him do his time in GC lock up like the others have. He doesn't even have to be off screen. He can do the kind of on screen time Adam and Phyllis did.

• Members

Yes but I thought both Eileen and Marcy played it very delicately during the argment. If Abby was getting loud and somewhat hysterical, it is because this is the first time she has come out and said that she HATES Tucker, and to her mother no less. She knows Tucker did her mom wrong and her mom will not believe her. She is frustrated and terribly hurt because for a long time it has just been Ash and her. They were a tag team. She is Ashley's cherished only living child.

(And the way Stephen Nichols plays it, the way Tucker treats Abby... sometimes I wonder if he hasn't entertained thoughts of "going there" with her. No wonder Abby is skeeved out).

ED, for her part, does not play it so much as Ashley putting Tucker ahead of Abby's feelings again, but rather Abby's spoilt-child shenanigans have been tolerated thus far but asking Ash to dump her fiancé is a step too far. She probably feels Abby wants to dominate her life and choose her relationships for her. I think any parent would feel that this is a situation where compromise has to be made and their child needs to grow up and adjust.

I am about ready for Abby to expose Tucker. I love SN as a rule but, man, is he not needed on this bloated show.

• Members

Which is almost exactly how her mother treated her.

Also Ashley has no reason not to believe Abby. It's not like Abby is a liar. A schemer yes but a liar no. It's one thing for her to be irritated at Abby for the Naked Heiress stuff but it's another for her to dismiss her child's legit concerns about the man she's about to make a permanent commitment to altogether.

Plus Abby's supported Ashley through one bad choice after another (despite her issues with her mom's choices at the time) over the years including a marriage to her biological father (who treated her like trash) & a "friendship" with her brother (that nearly drove her insane again).

• Members

If I was Maura West I would be so creeped out at having to talk dirty to Victor. EB doing his closed-eye grunting and going "Mmmmmm. MMMMMMM. I'd like dat. A LOT." Gross!

And then Diane has to go and whore herself out to another aging blowhard. Gah. Did Maura piss Rauch off or something? I thought he liked blondes.

• Members

I liked Abby and Deacon's dynamic. If this was old-skool soap, they would build a random, grudging friendship between these two. But as it is MAB, I fully expect OMGZ TRUE WUV and a quickie wedding next week. Probably filler on the episode where Sharin' decides to thank the Indiana Jones Chronicles guy by blowing him in the barn.

ETA: I thought it was cool to see Devon after, what? two years? But they immediately wrote him as borderline obsessed with Lily. It's not as egregious as the insta-triangle between Neil, Sofia and not-Malcolm (seriously though. Can you imagine Olivia having ever been married to that idiot? Having ever lusted for his bod? I can't). But it is almost as out-of-nowhere.

• Members

He probably thinks this is to quote Carl, "hot stuff".

I feel sorry for Abby, even though I never really bought her and Daniel as a couple. I may even have sympathies for Daniel as Lily chooses you know who over him.

Archived