Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

I don't even think "good" mothers would have taken their kids out in February at night while they "started searching" GC for their lying dumbass of a father...but I guess that's a judgment call. Good grief, by the time she dragged out her stroller, set it up, and put both kids in it, the first one probably would have had frostbite.

Minus the guns and snow....eh, pretty much. Gwen had kidnapped Billy/Rory/Johnny. I don't quite remember how the carriage started down the steps. I think they struggled over it, and wrestled it out of each other's hands.

That said, it was still better than that crappola I saw today. Lily hitting the deck the moment she saw that gun was laughably bad. By all means, twit, save your own worthless ass while your miracle children roll into the street. *groan*

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS should hire you and fire MaBell. Cady has the Diane speech thing! I'm not a huge West fan but she would have been a good fit for the role of Grace. Maura has the trash/slut thing down. KMH (ex Emily, ATWT) would be a great KC Reed recast or even been a capable Diane, too.

West is not Diane. Feel like Hogan is still writing her as Carly minus the Snyder Pond.

Aside from Jill sort of aving a storyline, there is nothing good I can say about the show. The Kay slap was cool

• Members

These are the people I hate (in no particular order) after watching today's US episode:

-Meemaw Chancellor for starting the episode bitching about Jill and wishing she could "drag her out of the church by her hair" (nice, Grandma) and then playing the saintly forgiver of all sins when Jill and Colin show up with the bad news.

-Billy for inserting his lardy ass in a SL where it really does not belong. In addition, when he took over as Comforter-in-Chief to Lily while her father Neil stood outside in the cold.

-NotMalcolm for threatening to whup the ass of whoever did this to Lily and "those precious babies." :rolleyes: Bitch, please.

-Lily for boohooing over her husband and then perking up when she realized that "Cane died to protect all three of us -- me and the twins." Yes, you twit, because you obviously weren't going to!

The person I couldn't take my eyes off was Tristan Rogers.

This SL has been so laughably melodramatic. Check out the way Lily "bravely" walks into the morgue like she is about to ascend into heaven on the wings of angels. Even Neil was like :unsure: "Uhhh. OK." Still, at least it was hilariously watchable. I just saw the promo for Friday's episode, which will feature not only Ronan and Feather, but also Kevin and Chloe. Two Sominex for the price of one!

• Members

WTF line of the day, Malcolm to Sophia: "if Dru had told me the truth (about Lily's paternity) our lives would be so different."

REALLY? How? 'Cause in my version, your slimey ass would be in jail for rape.

Run, Sophia run. That man is never going to let you forget this. Not if he's dragging Dru into it.

If MAB intends on reviving Cane out of this one, she's writing with some huge donkey balls. There was enough fake blood to choke a horse. In fact, if I were a cynical person, I'd say DG pissed someone off---'cause Phillip-Cane-Ethan(?) got slaughtered on air.

• Members

Yep, I totally thought that, too. They practically ripped it off frame by frame.

The other rip-off was The Godfather Part 3 (starts at 2.00). Right down to the bloodstain, the screaming and the opera:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OhogIoCotXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Administrator

I actually liked the nod to "Battleship Potemkin" - I thought it was cool. LOL Loved the set too. I didn't mind the opera music - I like that better than JFP's hymns music (ala Ridley Scott) that she sometimes uses for her montages (Michael killing Claudia). I can't believe they killed off Cane. That was pretty shocking. I just hope it's not another stupid setup and he's actually alive.

• Members

That's what I thought it would be -- I read a spoiler that Y&R possibly weren't going to kill him off after all, so when he got shot, I just shrugged. But with all the blood on everybody's clothes and the fact that everybody's grandmother and her cat were stepping up to ID him at the morgue... it makes me think he really must be OUT.

Guest dc cubs

I haven't seen any reports that Goddard is leaving the show. That makes me think MAB will pull out another one of her overused plot devices of a faked death or Goddard will turn up in the future as a Cane doppelganger.

• Members

You know something, when they are doing the breakdowns in the future, they should take note to NEVER let Kahlil follow Tristan Rogers in an emotional scene. That bitch just sucks all the oxygen out of the room, she's that bad. In the final scene when she walked up to his dead body on the table, she looked like her DOG just died, not the love of her life.

Archived