Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sharon and Adam are repulsive. All the talk about "real" love and forgiveness in the world doesn't change the fact Sharon is a fool for forgetting she's boffing the man who kidnapped her child. And the fact she thinks Nick should just roll over and let Adam be any part of Faith's life proves how delusional she is.

Nick and Diane are growing on me. It's the specter of Victor that makes it yucky.

Today was a first...Kyle didn't have that perpetual grin on his face....

Can't muster up any sympathy for Cane. Or Lily, fwiw.

• Members

Yayyy! GigglyKyle was on today! LOVE Garrett Ryan to pieces. How funny is it that he and Lauren Boles (Ciara, DAYS) are 2 of my favorite things about their respective shows? Seeing them on my screen always just brightens my day.

A big 'ol UGH to Victor spoiling Nick & Diane sex for me(AGAIN!) today. I really like the chemistry between Maura and Josh, though I do cringe whenever he says "dude" or "awesome" around her. With Phyllis, it's one thing but around Diane, I just think "How does she take this guy seriously?" I felt really bad for Diane when that look came across her face when Nick said he'd made a mistake saying he just wanted to be "friends" with her. Maura is just awesome! She's making Diane her own, especially when the writers remember who Diane is (which is like every 3rd episode she appears in). I just hope they get her out of Phyllis's orbit and keep her in the realm of Nikki and Ashley because Maura has TONS of chemistry with MTS and Eileen, much like Alex Donnelly had.

Julia Pace Mitchell is actually improving- dare I say she was somewhat impressive the past couple days. She's finally showing some strength as Sofia- has it just been a writing problem all along? Could be, since it probably helped tremendously that she got to be a royal bitch to NotMalcolm.

Blake has the gayest, tackiest motorcycle helmet ever. Can't believe that Paul Leyden allowed that, as an Australian. Australian men just seem to have this really masculine quality to me and that helmet certainly didn't jibe with that.

:) I think they're red hot!

No to both, ESPECIALLY McClain as Diane. God no, Maura is a far better choice than Cady would have been. I could see Colleen Zenk or Beth Chaimberlin but Cady would be all kinds of wrong. Frankly, I'd prefer Cady work behind the scenes on Y&R and blog about what's going on "backstage."

• Members

I agree. Maura is WAY better than Cady would have been. However, Alex would still have been everyone's choice. I wonder why they didn't ask Susan Walters back? She's not half bad. But barring all that, if you picked someone OUTSIDE of soaps to play diane, I would have called Pamela Hensley. I LIKED Sofia yesterday... she's very realistic, and I love the fact that she's not a helpless, stupid woman who just stood there are got run over. Girlfriend JUMPED OUT OF THE WAY.

• Members

OMG, you guys! [©CKLily] Brace yourselves for today (Wednesday's) US episode!

Smug Assholio (aka Billy) was informed of Jill's impending nuptials to Colin. Smug Assholio then proceeded to humiliate, judge and bash Jill both to her face and behind her back with Wise Old Man in a Wig (aka Katherine). The self-righteous blowhard had the nerve to say that Jill was getting married too fast, even though Jill explained that she was in love and didn't want to wait. This from the lush who married CrackToria after a drunken shag in Jamaica. Jill rightly pointed out that Billy was a big ole hypocrite.

Smug Assholio insisted on seeing Colin and then proceeded to talk down to him in that smarmy way that Billy Miller has. Colin, to his credit, had a "Whatever, you maggot" look in his face during all this. I'm just bummed because you know how this is going to play out: Billy will sneer "I told you so" to Jill AGAIN, while Wise Old Man in a Wig looks on, desperately searching for the autocue.

Jill had a sweet moment with Colin where she actually told him that her family were always mean and judging her. Get OUT of my head, Jill.

Blaaaaaaayyyyke... eh. I don't see the point of this character.

Princess Lily momentarily grew a pair and threw Cane out. He was being even more smarmy and crawly than usual with his fake "I luv yew Lily, yew and Chahhhhhhlie and M'tilda" and even tried to cry a little. She told him to get going, but then Neil and NotMalcolm showed up and did their Princess-Lily-Needs-Protecting spiel. Earlier NotMalcolm growled to Sophia about whuppin' some motorcycle a$$. He really is an idiot. Sophia had this look on her face, like "You couldn't whup your mama" and basically told him she could take care of herself. I really sort of love Sophia at the moment.

Princess Lily reverted back to her weakling Valley Girl persona and decided she RILY RILY RILY HEARTS CANE and took off to talk to him. Rauch made the colossal mistake of filming her in profile in the car. I don't think she should have a nose job, but it's not her most flattering side.

Rauch and Wardrobe then showed how much they hate Jess Walton by sticking her in an OK teal outfit but with this awful teal fluffy fascinator in her hair. She looked like Betty Rizzo at the Prom in Grease.

Cue operatic musical montage to some Italian opera (La Traviata, I think). It was like Jill Farren Phelps had stolen into Rauch's editing room, thrown on a blonde wig, done a lap-dance, drugged his cigar and, when he passed out, threw herself on the controls panel. Colin & Jill got married in the church while Cane confronted Blaaaaaaayyyyyyke outside. Princess Lily came racing out with the twins in a pram. Then, JFP decided to fearlessly steal from both The Godfather Part 3 and Battleship Potemkim like she was channeling Bob Guza. Blaaaaayyyyyke pointed his gun at Lily who threw her selfish a$$ on the ground while her baby pram went careening (in slow motion) down the steps of the church! A gunshot goes off! Cane is shot! The pram is falling down the stairs! Blaaaaaaaayyke falls down three steps and lies dead at the bottom! The slowest pram in history continues to fall down the stairs! Lily screams silently! SuperNeil appears out of nowhere and saves the pram! And Jill and Colin come out to find this whole sorry mess on the steps of the church. Like, OMG!

• Members

The final scene. In a way, it was really GOOD, and REALLY bad all at the same time. The opera stuff, I don't know what to think. It could have been worse, but I also would have done something different. And Cat... I laughed my butt off about you pointing out how Lily's selfish ass hits the ground and lets the pram go down the steps. BTW... I don't think Rauch is to blame for the profile shot of Kahlil in the car, whoever was directing today would be the one to point the finger at. Jess is all KINDS of mess. Her hair is looking better, but for the love of God, someone get her a stylist. Damn I miss Brenda, cause if she were here... Jill would be looking fierce and not coming off NEARLY as stupid as she is. Eddie winslow is just all kinds of suck. i'm sorry, but his attempt at ghetto studliness makes me roll my eyes in every episode. And did I hear jill refer to "My two boys"??? and I fu@king KNOW one of them she was talking about was CANE. Hello... If your'e gonna claim the ostrich as your son, you have THREE boys, woman!

Archived