Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

I thought the ending was wayyyy to over the top.... First of all the only thing i really cared about in that scene was ( yes i went there) was indeed that the babies were gonna get hurt sliding down those steps....LOL silly me for caring.....second of all what is with ending any Lane scenes that appear to be dramatic with all those over the top music? this time we had opera, but remember over the summer they played that annoying theatrical number when Mac went into labor.... oh well at least Jess Walton will act her tail off in tommorrows scene, and i have to admit though her dress was horrible, it reminded me of the way Jill used to dress which is a good thing.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is that all you have to say? Cane was lying on the church steps bleeding to death, and you got nothing but that? when he was shot, I somehow pictured you passed out on the wall to wall with a glassy-eyed stare and a little bit of drool running out of the corner of your mouth. :ph34r:

• Members

I think unless we see Cane's head on a spike DeeeDee is probably not going to believe he's gone. I can see why.

I just wish they'd have a story where Lily buys an ostrich farm or something in his honor.

So I heard that Chompers remembers Jill is his mother long enough to verbally abuse her? Or has that not happened yet? This loser is always in there when it's time for the superiority dance.

• Members

The worse part about them killing Cane off, is that Lily isn't going to have time to grieve. She going to be Blake redemption love. I know, ya'll know what's going to happen. She going to get up all in Blake face saying how much he destroy her family. Weeping about being a single mother now. And other foolishness to get up in Blake face. Then a month from now she's going to kiss Blake either by being trap somewhere with Blake or she going to fall into the kiss.

• Members

Don't forget The Untouchables.

Otherwise, I agree...this episode was total emmy bait, and it stinks up the joint.

I will put up a defense of Rauch&wardrobe...Y&R has always dressed Jess Walton like a hot mess. In the eighties it was whore hair and leopard print. In the ninties it was jewelry that looked like it was rolled by dung beetles. It's always been over the top because that's what Jill has always been. She's always the woman who wears one accessory too much, or ruins her outfit with one bizarre choice that overwhelms everything else.

• Members

Well, even though nobody likes Lily anyway.. but STILL, It seems as if the writers thought "Oh, how dramatic!" when the idea of the baby carriage going down the steps came up. But since they'e made Lily into this supposed "heroine" who is so good and farts rainbows all day long...... they didn't seem to realize what it does to the character to have her put her own life ahead of those of her children. Mothers across the country were shouting "HELL TO THE NAW" at the end of this show today. Because most mothers (good ones, at least) will tell you they'd give up their lives to save their children. But little miss white chocolate just hit the bricks and let the kids fly down the steps. I'm sure theyv'e totally not realized the consequences of what they've written there.

• Members

Then again, this "saving a baby carriage" scene is an old soap thang. I can't remember which soap it was, but in the 1968-72 time period, there was a character (female) that survived cancer, only to get hit by a truck and killed pushing her baby carriage out of the way of said truck. I read about it, and I can't remember... but I *think* it was a Bill Bell or an Irna move.

Archived