Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

I assume she complained about the sh*tty writing for Diane, since La Donnelley is filthy rich due to her private life relationships and didn't give a dman about the Y&R pac cheque. Beginning in 1999 Diane slowly morphed into the desperate town whore. Little did Alex Donnelly know that Kay Alden wrote Diane heavenly compared to what Jack Smith made out of the character!?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say Alden was more a EB/Victor fan than a victor/nikki fan. I hated Alden and her obession with EB/Victor the spermgate story digusting and degrading. she wass bad as MAB is now with her obession with MM/adam.

Y&R noms for the Daytime Emmys are freakin awful and as predictable as usual :angry:

MTS should have got the nom :( but suprise surprises MS and her jass hands and JC who didn't even have a storyline got it.

CLB as Lead actor is laughable seeing how he hasn't been a lead in years.

the only nom that makes sense is trica cast

• Members

Indeed.

Alden might have a hard-on for EB but it was also her who gave Nikki new life with letting her jump into the business world. And despite what La Scott says, this was a brilliant move for the character.

Sofia/Neil/Malcolm is so predictable and kind of stale. Especially since we saw it coming like what 12 months ago!? And the writers came up with nothing at all for that black storyline during all that time and now they just throw it in our faces?

As for KSJ - congrats on TWENTY YEARS WITH Y&R - and while he might still look good, he was definitely pumped in 2006 when he divorced from his wife. He was really butch back then.

• Members

I thought JC had quite a few good scenes at the beginning of the Tucker story (when Tucker was played by WR) Kay was in shock and heartbroken about losing her company. I also thought Jill& Kay stuck in the bathroom together when the GCAC blew up was excellent.

I agree about MS and CLB, but they get nominated every year. So does PB. I wonder why the cast keeps choosing them over and over. Is the voting public? If I was a cast member I would want to give others a chance.

The Emmy committee who views the tapes should subtract points (or whatever they award) from the actors who submit every year to discourage it.

• Members

Even Eileen Davidson couldn't work up any emotion at Tucker's betrayal. Ash said all the right things, but ED seemed bored.

And eeeewwwww... at all the Phyllis/Jack crap. MS wears the same I just smelled a fart expression no matter what Phyllis "feels". And the last paw-at-you scene made me want to gag.

• Members

Jack and Phyllis are nasty nowadays and have been old news since 2004.

Davidson has never had chem with Nichols at all and the pairing has always sucked. Davidson had it with St. John but we know how Rauch/MAB/Sheffer/Hamner & Co felt about that pairing.

Meggie's back... ^_^

• Members

Phyllis is a pointless and hateful character. Plus so much backstage [!@#$%^&*] has allegedly been attributed to MS that, if true, I am surprised TPTB don't cut their losses. But these are the same p****whipped idiots who let Eric Braeden kick them around. While I am all for collaboration between director/EP and actor, a balance needs to be maintained. And with EB that balance is non-existant. Not while he is threatening to sic his golfing buddy Les Moonves on everybody. With MS, I think she plays the game extraordinarily well, cosying up to the right people, etc. Also, TPTB absolutely love her and think Phyllis is this beloved, take-charge, grrrl power character, when in actual fact the character has no emotional depth, rooting power or relatability anymore. Who does Phyllis think she is right now? Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct? (Come to think of it, I actually liked Catherine Trammell in Basic Instinct -- it was the Michael Douglas character who came across as a total pig).

Speaking of EB, if I were acting opposite him in yesterday's scenes and he gave me all that NOTHING to work with, no eye contact, no connection, just playing with his BlackBery, I would have hit him until he looked me in the eye and acknowledged my damn presence. Josh Morrow, Amelia Heinle, Marcy Rylan, Michael Muhney and Michelle Stafford would have been well within their rights to do the same.

Michael Muhney yesterday played Adam the way I wanted Adam to be played and portrayed way back when Chris Engen first joined the show. The defensive outsider who is also lonely, isolated and rejected by his siblings and who, deep down, has a streak of humanity. It really came across yesterday, without Sharon having to prop him and tell everybody "He's changed."

• Members

Those Emmy prenoms are a joke!

Putting aside MM for a minute, how could you ignore the talents of Stacy Haiduk, and of course Melody Thomas Scott was sensational last year.

Muhney and Eric Braeden have been senstational these past few episodes - the Adam/Victor relationship is fascinating.

Archived