Y&R: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

Suds Report hinted the the writers were sick of writing for Cane and Lilly as a couple and that this is why Cane is dead. Posting also said that Cane begged to keep him job. Sort of wish they ad taken Lilly off the canvus because all she does is whine.

His back story sucked, yes, but Cane is a good actor and interacted so well with Jill. Felt like she had more of a connection with him than with her 'real' sons. Would have loved seeing Jill take over Jabot with Billy and Cane. This Fenemore story is road kill.

Hoping that Rogan has to enter the protection program, too. Maybe he and Chance can take Nina and Heather with them. ;)

Go Cloe and Kevin!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was also because they felt Lane fans wouldn't want them with anyone else and they do have a point to that. I believe they had to cut short the Billy/Chloe/Cane/Lily because of Lane fan outrage. The only reason Cane is gone and not Lily is because they couldn't get away with killing her.

• Members

Surprised Stafford submitted herself at all. A couple of years ago during Emmy season, she was asked how she felt about not being nominated that year, and she responded that she didn't submit her name for consideration because she hadn't driven story during the eligibility period. So what's changed now? She's very active in story, but she's still not driving story, yet she submits her name...for lead actress, no less! WTF! So many WTF pre-pre noms. Granny Cooper and LeBlanc as lead? Julia Pace Mitchell? My god, she is beyond awful. What a joke!

• Members

A big NO to that spoiler.

I still can't believe Lame still has fans. The pairing has sucked from the get go and all their stories have been an insulting melancholic mess. The little quad with Chloe and Billy was perhaps their only story that was at least decent. The mistake was bringing Khalil back. Khalil was okay as the childish naive girl giving herself to pedo Kevin and running off with Daniel, but Sherwood excelled as the Lily who finally grew up. A strong actress has always been needed to play this part.

• Members

MAB really does love useless characters doesn't she

Y&R emmy pre noms are funny I had hope TR who hasn't done anything actually gets the lead nom just to piss of I'm not entering EB.

In the lead actress Would love for MTS to get it and TC to get the supporting actress nom but this is Y&R and they will most likely give the noms to MS and ER.

• Members

Don't get too anxious or excited- this is just the list of people who submitted their names. I'd LOVE to see Tricia Cast & Laura Stone get the supporting actress pre-noms,as I feel they are the most deserving. Stone for being a breath of fresh air in a sh!t storyline on an increasingly dull show and Cast because she's just amazing, and was nothing short of brilliant when she witnessed Chance being gunned down and "killed" by Ronan, who she'd just found out was her long-lost son. She hit every note.

But you just know it ain't gonna happen- I can almost guarantee that Heinle & Bregman will end up on the ballot.

Yes.

Maura wisely submited for ATWT, along with Colleen Zenk, who I'm thrilled for. I practically begged her to do it on her DWTS page because I'd heard rumblings from people who interviewed her that she probably wouldn't submit. Not that I'm sure it had anything to do with me, but I'm glad she changed her mind. Now I'm working on getting her to submit an episode from when Barbara was questioning her age & looks, because Henry had gotten back with Vienna. I know she said she didn't like that part of the story, but she played it beautifully and honestly. I think A LOT of women her age could relate to what Babs was going through and there were quite a few episode where I thought she was Emmy worthy.

As for Case, in a way, I can't blame her. For Cassie's death, she was on the ballot but didn't receive a nominaton. Then when she did the best work of her career, confronting Nick about the affair while donning Phyllis's lingerie, she didn't even get a pre-nom. It was a shame because it was some of the most provocative, layered, and interesting work I've ever seen done by a daytime actress. Then last year, she was FABULOUS during Sharon's kleptomania and becoming unhinged, got the pre-nom, and still failed to get nominated. Her work this past year wasn't nearly as strong as those incidences, so I don' blame her for saying the hell with it.

I knew Jess Walton wouldn't pre-nom herself, as she's said many times that she's done with the Emmys, but I'm disappointed that Eileen Davidson didn't throw her name in there. She was great during the Faith reveal and returning the baby to Nick and Sharon. I'm not sure whether she should have gone lead or supporting, but she had far more work to choose from than many of the actresses actually on the ballot. Same with Walton.

I'm worried about that as well. As far as the actresses on the ballot go, Cast and MTS are more deserving than any of the others. And they probably won't make the cut.

Speaking of undeserving actresses, I'm surprised Christel Khalil didn't put her name on the ballot. Is she too old for the Younger categories now? I thought the cut off was 26 or 27.

Oh AMEN! What was she thinking going lead? She sucks as it is, which means she'll probably be on the final ballot with Stafford. :rolleyes:

Uh, Nina can stay- she rocks and has a long history with the show. But you lost all credibility when you said "Go Chloe & Kevin"

Exactly.

I would too, but you just know that ain't gonna happen. I don't think ER will make the final ballot and I do think Cast has an outside chance. But MTS? No way will it happen. I'll fall on the floor if she ends up on the ballot.

• Members

Both Sharon & Josh's best work was Cassie's death.

Since then Sharon Case has had a lot of story & knocked most of it out of the park (Dru's death, Brad's death, confronting Nick, confronting & leaving Jack, her kleptomania) all of which she should've been nominated for especially given the extremely agenda driven writing.

+1.

MTS should definitely be nominated too.

Actresses like Rylan & Hendrickson are good but they don't have the story or the chops to be pushed ahead of consistent vets like Davidson, Maitland, MTS, Cast & Walton.

Y&R's been trying to make she (and Graziadei) POP for years yet for all the shows effort they always fail.

She should be nominated just for kissing Bergman. :ph34r:

+1 :lol:

Only because Y&R's got a particularly crowded Supporting Actress race this year.

A year or two ago & she would be pulling a Rikaart.

• Members

Damn it, why does Victor constantly have to rain on my Nick/Diane parade? Here I was, all excited about the wine, dolls, and ponies, and Gramps comes home and fouls it all up. Get the hell outta that house, Diane, and go get you some Nick lovin. Damn it, Y &R, give me some DICK today!

Archived