Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think there was a big update in 1991 that added characters like Olivia, Dru (although they may have been added the year before, i'm not sure), Neil, Victoria, Ryan and Flo. And then I think there wasn't another one until 1993 when they added Blade, Cole and Hope. So there definitely was an opportunity to put Sheila in the open, though for whatever reason they didn't.

• Members

Sheila’s omission from the opening credits is pretty prominent. I mean even Lisa Mansfield had been squeezed into the opening credits. Not sure why Brown was left out of the 1990 and 1991 opening updates as there was three versions of this Lauren opening where should would have fit in:

• Members

The Victor/Jack conversation in today's show had me thinking about a couple things from the past. While Victor can't normally stand Jack and Billy, he respected their father John Abbott. I don't know if Bill Bell ever explored this, but I wonder if Victor's respect of John Abbott was because of John's business acumen or that John was the good father that Victor didn't have and Victor tried to be.

Another thing I wonder if Bill Bell ever explored, Victor maybe being jealous of Jack for having a normal family life for most of his childhood, which Victor never had. Yes Dina abandoned her family, but Jack at least had John, Ashley, Traci, and Mamie, whereas Victor had nobody.

• Members

I don't actually agree with this. I don't believe Victor ever got bored with Nikki, I actually think the opposite is true and I wish they would address the elephant which is that Nikki is significantly younger than Victor and was constantly and consistently turning to younger men for comfort and sex. She would get tired of sitting in that ranch, fluffing flowers, see some young stud and get all hot for them - even her gynecologist (Josh) or the boring writer living in the horse stable (Cole).

Besides the affair with Ashley in 1985, the person who has done the vast majority of the cheating in the Nikki and Victor relationship was Nikki. 

Just think about it, Nikki had an affair with Brad in 1999 because Victor was spending all his time at Newman and she wanted attention. She almost slept with Bobby in 2005 and then she DID cheat on Victor with David Chow...then again with Deacon all the way up to her affair with Arturo and in almost all those situations Nikki stepped out or had the affair before Victor slept with anyone else. Even when Victor did cheat, we never saw it. Him and that prison guard Alicia he supposedly had sex with was never shown, we never saw him in bed with Genevieve but saw Nikki and Jack in bed all the time even when Jack was in a wheelchair, we saw Nikki and Deacon in bed constantly, even saw her making out with Arturo on several occasions but never saw Victor even kiss that Helen lady.

I always consider Nikki the original Real Housewife - someone who had very little ambition or desire to work and loved the life that her much older husband provided but couldn't help herself when some young stud showed her an ounce of attention (especially when her husband worked all the time). EB would never allow it but there was a time when I wished they would just say Victor was her life partner and she loved him but he did not satisfy her sexually anymore because it seemed clear that is what the show was implying (especially during that Arturo and "open marriage" story).

Edited by Vizion

• Members

I think people are over thinking why Victor liked John. It's simple. John was a likeable guy, a good family man, a good person to be around, and he was a very strong and very ethical business man. So, why would Victor not like him? Jack was essentially the opposite (early on, at least).