Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I haven't had time to watch but I'm so happy about this! When I saw Nikki in the red dress I got excited thinking maybe it was Nikki and Victor s first scene but then victor was talking about buying the Bayou so that clearly already happened. I hope that the person will start focusing more on those characters and Kay. I guess at the time the Brooks seemed so much more important!

Is anyone in touch with the uploader? Someone should invite him here or get his email in case YouTube deletes him.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, on that note, we need to get the clips uploaded to the Vault since they aren't unlisted on YT. I don't know how to take a downloaded YT file and transfer it to the Vault. Is it easy?

Other comments...

- Despite some vids having 1980 in the description, I didn't identify any scenes actually being from '80... anyone else?

- Watching all these vids really highlights for me the insane tonal shifts between different storylines on YR.  The "L-L-L-L Romance Novel Quadrangle" in no way feels like the same show where Nikki throws the ashes of Edward's dead mother into his face and then heads back to the Bayou for a night of stripping.

• Members

The Four Ls quad had influence from literature (Le Morte d'Arthur as @Broderick pointed out) and biblical allusions. I guess the romance novel element might be due to the contrasts between the siblings: suave sophisticated Lance, rugged elemental Lucas, kind-hearted emotionally fragile heroine Leslie, jealous scheming vixen Lorie.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

It's incredible. Just when I thought the well of YR vintage clips had run dry, we get this! Who would have ever thought we'd see the full Vanessa funeral.

I have to say... I know Lorie was always known to be a stubborn, headstrong character... but I am finding her a bit annoying TBH. In these recent clips, she just won't listen to reason. I guess you could partially attribute it to the shock of Vanessa jumping, but still... I'm getting Sami Brady vibes.

• Members

Don’t know if this has been discussed yet on here or not, but can somebody PLEASE tell me the reason why B&B has been uploading every single episode (by premieres) from the show daily and is now on episode 527 and Y&R hasn’t done it yet??? It’s truly so frustrating because we all know that every single episode of Y&R has been saved and is just sitting in archives with nothing being done with them. They don’t understand what a goldmine they’re sitting on.