Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yep! She has a habit of making characters really come alive, like when she filled in for Kelly Monaco a couple years ago on GH! If only either of the Bell soaps had better writing I could see her playing a decent character. I honestly do think she’d make a better Victoria then Heinle! 

• Members

No, stunt casting up her alley would be Michael J. Fox as Nick and Justine Bateman as Victoria.

Perhaps.  On the other hand, Lindsay Hartley has a distinctly ethnic look, for lack of a better word.  I think viewers would have a hard time accepting her as EB and MTS's biological daughter.

• Members

I'm now beginning to appreciate how revolutionary, so to speak, Y&R was in the 70s. I didn't consider the real luxury look of the show coming in until about the mid 80s. Studying deeper you realize how good the show looked at least by the mid 70s compared to the other dramas that were on the air, and how much faster paced it was. 

• Members

I think the only tie that Leslie/Robert had to the 'new' YR was that Robert's daughter Angela was friends with Traci.. and that Leslie helped Victor with Nikki's 'My Fair Lady' story.  I do wonder if maybe Bell could have had Robert as socializing with John Abbott due to their daughter's being friendly.. while playing up on Jill/Leslie's past history.

I think had Jamie Lynne Bauer not opted to quit, Bell would have kept Lorie and carried her over to the new Y& R.  From watching a few episodes in the spring 1982, it seemed like Lorie/Robert were tested as a couple and maybe when she opted to leave, Bell opted to plop Leslie into that story.. when it didn't seem to make sense.