Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

That interviewer is very offputting, especially with all the personal questions she clearly didn't want to answer. It's interesting hearing Brenda address how "bad" Jill had become by saying fans still enjoyed her (I know after her exit she said that she also did not like the villainous writing for Jill). She's very reserved here but you can sort of see her later persona peeking through.

(I also found myself thinking, "Don't get married again, Brenda!")

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That interviewer Mike Jerrick is still around and acts the same as here. There are clips from recent years where he is making fun of guests like Ryan Lochte etc...He also invited Tiffany Brissette from the 80's sitcomSmall Wonder on and surprised her with her old co-stars from the show. Things got awkward and she looked like a deer caught in headlights. 

• Members

The Paley Center Archives has a screen test of Brenda and the following actors, so obviously an audition for the role of Brad.

Baker, David L.
Cheyne, Hank
Diamont, Don
Eckholdt, Steven
Kayser, Allan J.
Wilson, Robert

Also a 1974 TV Guide profiles the actors of the NBC series 'Chase'. One of them, Craig Gardener talks about having a semi regular role on Y&R. I suspect this might be Jill's boyfriend who was mentioned in a 1973 synopsis posted way back. I can't recall the character's name offhand.

• Members

Allan J. Kayser played the role of Bubba (Mamas grandson) on Mama's Family 1986-1990. He must have tested for Y&R before he won his role on MF.

Photo Craig Gardener who may have played Brent circa 1973/74:

Craig Gardner Picture

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

Y&R's first HD episode aired on June 22, 2001 I believe and was simulcast in Fullscreen SD and Widescreen HD until 2012-2013. Unfortunately HD recordings of the early 2000s are close to impossible to get as owning the proper equipment to record them at the time was too cost-prohibitive for the average soap watcher.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

Months ago I told @vetsoapfan I would post scans of Trish Stewart's Starlog interview. I finally am.

(there is only brief mention of Y&R, but Y&R was her best known show so I thought I could post them here)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DRW50