Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Stephanie was inspired by Vanessa Prentiss, Katherine Chancellor and Jennifer Brooks. She was nothing like the primetime soap divas in my eyes.

I think that primetime took ideas and characters daytime and made them bigger than life.

Early Krystle/Blake/Alexis reminded me of Rachel/Mac/Iris. A triangle which was not about romance. Or was it?

Angela Channing was more or less based on Phoebe Tyler Wallingford.

Dina Mergeron had quite a few similarities with Alexis Colby, but her story was also based on Bill Foster. 

Jill Foster started out a lot like Rachel Davis, Erica Kane and Lisa Miller, she morphed into Alexis Colby and then Bill Bell got bored with the character after Brenda Dickson left (and Edward Scott made sure that Nikki would be Genoa City's first lady).

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is gonna be amazing. Walton and Corbett are still rather close friends, I think, and they have so much dirt and stories to share. This is surely gonna rank next to Kim Brown and Tracey Bregman with Michael Fairman for entertainment and fan appeal.

even though it is unrelated to David Kimble, I hope they bring that genius GUAM exchange of words with Kay up again when Jill wanted to ship Nina off to the pacific.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Cross-posted from B&B Classic Thread:

Hi all!

Update 1: Everyone is correct in suspecting the Vault is now out of space. Thankfully it's not the situation like last time where the Vault space being reduced because Microsoft flagging the account. I've done a quick analysis of the folders taking up the most space, and the three biggest culprits are as follows:

B&B 1994 - 250 GB

B&B 2019 - 180 GB

Y&R 1999 - 690 GB

I suspect that it's because the file sizes are huge for each episode. That being said, I recommend temporarily removing B&B 2019 so people can continue to upload. In the meantime, I will take episodes with unnecessarily large files and reconvert them to H.265, which should save a considerable amount of space without sacrificing quality. This process will probably go over the course of a few weeks. Worst case scenario is I will spin off Y&R and B&B into their own vaults, which seem like an inevitability down the road. 

Thanks!

• Members

Crosspost from Classic B&B Thread:

Vault Update 2:

I found the source of the problem! The reason some file sizes are so huge is because of a OneDrive feature called Versioning. Its core function is to keep a version of a file between changes. This is usually triggered if somebody changes the name of the file on OneDrive. What this means is if a file gets renamed, the file size will end up doubling because OneDrive keeps a previous version, or if it gets re-named twice, then the file size will triple. Unfortunately I've tried to turn off this feature but it doesn't allow me to, at least for this OneDrive account.

There isn't a quick and easy way within OneDrive to automatically delete previous versions of a file. That being said, I keep an automatic sync of the Vault on an external hard drive which saves only the newest versions. What I'm currently doing is moving the folders away from the sync folder, deleting the files on OneDrive, and re-syncing them.

What this means on your end is that you will notice once in a while some folders for certain years going missing. This is normal while I re-migrate the files onto the drive without the unnecessary space. I'm hoping to do this within a week.

By the end of this, we should recover about 1.42TB of storage - plenty of wiggle room until I have to worry about another solution. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Vault Update 3:

Good news! I was able to re-sync the 1990s folders for both Y&R and B&B, and 2000s/2010s Y&R and doing that managed to free up 1.5TB without losing any files. You may now continue to upload as usual. Please bear in mind if you choose to re-name the files, download them, rename on your computer, and re-upload them to avoid OneDrive Versioning. This will save up tremendous amounts of space.

Down the road, if we do max out at 5TB, I'm looking into spinning off Y&R into its own OneDrive account. But that's a future me problem. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92