Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: Old Articles


DRW50

Recommended Posts

  • Members
16 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

So I watched Neil's tribute and was disappointed that the clips were all from 2000 and beyond. Would it have killed them to show Nate remembering Neil and little Nate, or Victor or Jack remembering Neil as a young executive... ? And only a brief glimpse of Dru, but I'm not even surprised about that, ugh.

 

Also, the clips felt really random. They already showed the basketball clip on the first tribute. And the Victor/Neil scene had nothing to do with Victor and Neil, it was more about Victor and Jack. They definitely didn't put as much thought into this one as they did for his funeral.

 

These are the dates I identified:

Devon - Welcome to the Family - 11/17/04

Nick & Neil playing basketball - ?

Victor & Neil talk about Jabot's debt - 2/3/00*

Neil & Malcolm - 12/30/04

Neil & Ashley - 7/11/18

Neil & Lily - 1/28/05*

 

*I uploaded these clips into the vault, cause the episodes aren't there.

 

 

I was waiting for a clip between Neil and Little Nate even when he was a baby or when Bryant Jones was playing him. If you're a newer fan you wouldn't know Nate is Neil's godson and nephew. 

 

Though I did like the mentions of Dru but I was wondering why Phyllis and Rey was in this episode?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members

Most of it is the April/Paul/Barbara story, which I have probably now seen more of between this and the episode repeated for COVID last year than I ever thought - it's mostly interesting to see the good, clear acting from Cynthia Jordan. 

 

It's also fun to see the attempts at sibling banter with Patty and Paul - most of what I've seen of Lilibet's Patty is much more serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

The opener of the March 2, 1982 episode!

 

 

Wow!!!

Please register in order to view this content
 so excited to watch this!!! Thanks my friend!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Most of it is the April/Paul/Barbara story, which I have probably now seen more of between this and the episode repeated for COVID last year than I ever thought - it's mostly interesting to see the good, clear acting from Cynthia Jordan. 

 

It's also fun to see the attempts at sibling banter with Patty and Paul - most of what I've seen of Lilibet's Patty is much more serious. 

 

It's funny that I had never even heard of this storyline until last year, and now between the clips from the vault, that COVID rerun, and this, I feel like I've seen more than enough. Sounds like they're still dragging out the reveal that Paul slept with Barbara, the twin, here in March, and it happened in December 1981. This is right around the time Patty loses her virginity to 30something year old Jack, so her trying to act like she knows all about sex was a cute touch.

 

Too bad we only get the brief glimpse of Nikki and Cash, a far more interesting story. 

 

This clip must come just before the clips start in the vault. In those clips, you can see a flashback of April and Barbara, where April learns about the affair, and they were wearing the same outfits as the clip you just posted.

Edited by BoldRestless
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

 

It's funny that I had never even heard of this storyline until last year, and now between the clips from the vault, that COVID rerun, and this, I feel like I've seen more than enough. Sounds like they're still dragging out the reveal that Paul slept with Barbara, the twin, here in March, and it happened in December 1981. This is right around the time Patty loses her virginity to 30something year old Jack, so her trying to act like she knows all about sex was a cute touch.

 

Too bad we only get the brief glimpse of Nikki and Cash, a far more interesting story. 

 

This clip must come just before the clips start in the vault. In those clips, you can see a flashback of April and Barbara, where April learns about the affair, and they were wearing the same outfits as the clip you just posted.

 

I had read about it, and mostly just felt a bit underwhelmed (I liked April in her 1993/4 appearances and this wasn't really the story I thought she had the first time around) and also confused at two different actresses as I was used to soap twins being played by the same actor. Seeing it adds a little more interest, but it still feels like an odd choice for Paul, who was at this point probably their main young male lead.

 

I know someone sent me a link to the vault last year but I never did keep it or watch much on there. I guess I should while it's still around. At least now between the clip above and you piecing together the other clips, we can say a good amount of the 3/2 episode is available.

10 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

Wow!!!

Please register in order to view this content
 so excited to watch this!!! Thanks my friend!! 

 

I always look forward to your thoughts on this vintage material.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 17

      A Brooks Sister Returns To Y&R

    2. 17

      A Brooks Sister Returns To Y&R

    3. 52

      GH: Fall Spoilers

    4. 572

      DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem Discussion Thread

    5. 572
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy