Nikki

Kay

Alison

Earle

Kevin

Stan

Maid (Esther)

Extras

Kate Linder's first episode. At that time she was not given a name. At some point, the story goes, Jeanne Cooper just threw in the name Esther.

The Aaron character was in scenes with Lorie and Lucas. Does anyone know more?

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Could Aaron be connected to Prentiss? This was around the time Victor took control and Lucas and Lorie were trying to figure out how he did it. Aaron may be a stockholder or someone else at the company that they talk to? Not sure he would have been more than a day player. 

• Members

The cast is listed in "order of appearance".   Lorie Brooks lived in a penthouse.  Aaron was her doorman.  (Except Jaime Lyn Bauer, who played Lorie Brooks, always pronounced Aaron's name as Erin, so I thought for months that "Erin" was a girl doorman, lol.)

The episode undoubtedly opened with Lorie Brooks moping around in her penthouse.  Close shot of her jiggling breasts.  The house phone rings.  Lorie sighs and saunters over to the phone, picks up.  

Lorie Brooks:  Yes, Erin?

Aaron:  Good morning, Miss Brooks.  Lucas Prentiss is here to see you.

Lorie Brooks:  My God.  Are you sure, Erin?

Aaron:  Yes, Miss Brooks.  He's standing right here.  

Lorie Brooks:  Well.  Send him up.  

Lorie hangs up the phone.  She walks over to the balcony, swivels her hips, jiggles her breasts, and breathes, "My God.  What could Luke possibly be doing here?  He must have something really heavy to lay on me this morning."  More breast jiggling.  Music swells.  So do breasts.  

The next scene will be Jack and Patty, discussing Patty's moving into the Abbott house.   Lots of smiling and pouting from Lilibet Stern.  

Opening credits.

Back to Jack and Patty.  Now Jerry Douglas's John Abbott comes in to throw some water on Patty's good mood.

Back to the penthouse.  Lucas comes in through the elevator doors.  

Lorie Brooks:  Luke.  This is a surprise.  What brings you by?

Lucas:  I've got something heavy to lay on you, Lorie.  Something really heavy.

Fade out.  

(Haven't seen this episode in 39 years, but Bill Bell's writing followed a certain "formula", that rarely surprised regular viewers.)  

• Members

Lol, yes I think JLB went braless quite often. Braless women and tight pants with VPL for the men, haha.

Thanks for the info, didn't even think the doorman would have been given a name. They should have used Lorenzo Music as her doorman, after Rhoda ended, haha. He just constantly sends people up Lorie wants nothing to do with. Actually it does seem Aaron might have sent Nikki up at least a couple times without Lorie knowing.

• Members

I remember when Lorie returned in the early 2000's and someone commented on the message boards that she was still sauntering her tired old ass like she did back in the 1970's.......LOL

I always wondered why Bill Bell had Lucas talk like the guys on 70's Mod Squad " Lorie I have something heavy to lay on you, real heavy".

• Members

As soon as I saw that it came back to me. What surprises me is that Aaron appeared as he could just as easily been a voice on the other end of the line or no voice at all with Lorie having a one way chat.

Maybe there was more to the scene,perhaps Lorie didn't want to see Lucas and Aaron was more involved.

At least Lorie had a doorman. Now people just turn up anywhere.

Lucas was not alone. Snapper was also a fan of that type of dialogue. As were a few others.

I think Bill liked that pyschological trippy LA type speak.

• Members

But remember how big the BUDGET was back then.  Aaron probably was literally an Under Five in that episode.  

No doubt Lorie is sauntering around (braless) in a $10,000 low-cut blouse from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills.   She's posing and preening and sighing heavily, displaying the expensive blouse in each long shot, and she takes the opportunity to jiggle her breasts 60 miles per hour whenever Frank Pacelli lets her know he's pulling away for a longshot to showcase the blouse as a courtesy to Giorgio's.  

Lilibet Stern (Patty) is smiling and pouting in another high-priced Giorgio's blouse, and Wes Kenney is making sure to get plenty of shots of her supple, perky breasts, as well.  Not to be outdone, Terry Lester (Jack) probably bends over to pick up his briefcase and gives us a long, slow butt shot.  

Tom Ligon (Lucas) probably has on a $100 Giorgio's shirt, which he's strategically unbuttoned all the way down to his belly button.  He's probably wearing a pair of tight white slacks.  Frank Pacelli is likely taping Lucas from the back in several shots, so that Tom Ligon can flex his butt cheeks for us. 

Chris Brooks is probably having a super-expensive photoshoot at Jabot with Joe Blair, featuring about ten different outfits from Giorgio's.  Joe is bending around and showing us his blue-jean clad bottom, while Chris is wiggling her perky little breasts at warp speed in each different Giorgio's ensemble. 

Then we're at the hospital with Chuckie and Sally.  David Hasselhoff probably has on scrubs, but his shirt is open all the way down his goozle to show us his chest.  

Evidently, at the Chancellor house, Kay Thurston is presiding over a sparkling, shimmering dinner party for Nikki, Kevin, and Kevin's parents, including real food that's being served by Esther.  Jeanne Cooper is likely decked-out in an evening gown from Giorgio's of Beverly Hills, with mores sparkling jewelry than you can shake a stick at.  Melody Thomas is probably wearing a low-cut Giorgio's gown that's slightly less "showy" than Jeanne Cooper's gown, but she's making it up for it by leaning onto the table with her breasts heaving right into the champagne.  Chris Holder (Kevin) is probably standing up to make a toast and flexing his butt for us during the long shot.  

That's just the way they all rolled back then.  lol.  

• Members

Sounds more like a Russ Meyer movie!!

I do remember Jill bringing the girls back in the day, but I'll have to rewatch old clips to experience the b(r)est of Y&R...

You forgot to mention the fresh flowers (supplied by Lee Bell's brother) that featured throughout.

• Members

Ha!  I expect Patty had a big handful of Russell Phillip's flowers that she was arranging in a vase, while announcing that they were "fresh-cut flowers from Mamie's garden.  What a beautiful spring day it is!"   The camera was likely alternating between the flowers and Lilibet's breasts.  

The breast & booty swiveling and flexing had gotten so flagrant in the early 1980s that one of the soap magazines finally commented on it.  I can't quote the article exactly, but it said something to the effect of, "It's time for Mr. Bell and Mr. Conboy to scale back on the T&A titillation, which is causing daytime's most elegant soap to look downright cheap and tawdry."   I believe the quote was from John Kelly Genovese, who during the early 1980s, wrote some fairly thought-provoking reviews of the soaps.