Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Most of it is the April/Paul/Barbara story, which I have probably now seen more of between this and the episode repeated for COVID last year than I ever thought - it's mostly interesting to see the good, clear acting from Cynthia Jordan. 

It's also fun to see the attempts at sibling banter with Patty and Paul - most of what I've seen of Lilibet's Patty is much more serious. 

• Members

It's funny that I had never even heard of this storyline until last year, and now between the clips from the vault, that COVID rerun, and this, I feel like I've seen more than enough. Sounds like they're still dragging out the reveal that Paul slept with Barbara, the twin, here in March, and it happened in December 1981. This is right around the time Patty loses her virginity to 30something year old Jack, so her trying to act like she knows all about sex was a cute touch.

Too bad we only get the brief glimpse of Nikki and Cash, a far more interesting story. 

This clip must come just before the clips start in the vault. In those clips, you can see a flashback of April and Barbara, where April learns about the affair, and they were wearing the same outfits as the clip you just posted.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I had read about it, and mostly just felt a bit underwhelmed (I liked April in her 1993/4 appearances and this wasn't really the story I thought she had the first time around) and also confused at two different actresses as I was used to soap twins being played by the same actor. Seeing it adds a little more interest, but it still feels like an odd choice for Paul, who was at this point probably their main young male lead.

I know someone sent me a link to the vault last year but I never did keep it or watch much on there. I guess I should while it's still around. At least now between the clip above and you piecing together the other clips, we can say a good amount of the 3/2 episode is available.

I always look forward to your thoughts on this vintage material.

• Members

The link is here (the bitly link, best opened in incognito) https://twitter.com/yrvault?lang=en

A wonderful anonymous contributor posted some real gems last summer. A well-curated compilation of clips from 1982-1988, starting with April's family leaving town and Cash's death. It's under Clips but it's very comprehensive, about 20 hours from 1982 alone and has the arcs to all the big plotlines from every year. Definitely recommend you at least check that out.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I think the ratio for her in the past twenty years has been 70% insulting character-trashing story, 25% snoozefest and 5% potentially interesting stuff that they drop too quickly.

What was the reaction back to Mari Jo Mason as a character? I was pretty isolated in my viewing experience and I remember finding her not particularly interesting as a villain-ish character and kind of lightly written as if they created her as a plot device rather than a full-bore character. And yet she did have a lot of story while she was on.
What did others think about her?

Edited by FrenchBug82