Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I had read about it, and mostly just felt a bit underwhelmed (I liked April in her 1993/4 appearances and this wasn't really the story I thought she had the first time around) and also confused at two different actresses as I was used to soap twins being played by the same actor. Seeing it adds a little more interest, but it still feels like an odd choice for Paul, who was at this point probably their main young male lead.

I know someone sent me a link to the vault last year but I never did keep it or watch much on there. I guess I should while it's still around. At least now between the clip above and you piecing together the other clips, we can say a good amount of the 3/2 episode is available.

I always look forward to your thoughts on this vintage material.

The link is here (the bitly link, best opened in incognito) https://twitter.com/yrvault?lang=en

A wonderful anonymous contributor posted some real gems last summer. A well-curated compilation of clips from 1982-1988, starting with April's family leaving town and Cash's death. It's under Clips but it's very comprehensive, about 20 hours from 1982 alone and has the arcs to all the big plotlines from every year. Definitely recommend you at least check that out.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
3 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

The link is here (the bitly link, best opened in incognito) https://twitter.com/yrvault?lang=en

A wonderful anonymous contributor posted some real gems last summer. A well-curated compilation of clips from 1982-1988, starting with April's family leaving town and Cash's death. It's under Clips but it's very comprehensive, about 20 hours from 1982 alone and has the arcs to all the big plotlines from every year. Definitely recommend you at least check that out.

I guess the newly added clip confirms that the episodes in the 1982 vault aired after this clip.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
8 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Awesome thanks.

• Members
10 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Thanks again.

• Members
7 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Thanks again.

You will love the clips, especially the 1982-1983 ones!

Please register in order to view this content
 There's a small handful of full episodes unedited, even if it's mostly just clips. 

• Members
6 hours ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

Late 2012/Early 2013

I'm binging 1998. I started at June and now I'm in mid-July.  I absolutely LOVE Sharon. It's so sad that they trashed the character by giving her an insulting story.

• Members
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, allmc2008 said:

an insulting story.

I think the ratio for her in the past twenty years has been 70% insulting character-trashing story, 25% snoozefest and 5% potentially interesting stuff that they drop too quickly.

6 hours ago, asafi said:

a great and rare scene featuring Shari Shattuck as Ashley was uploaded in YouTube 

Y&R - Ashley tells Jack to stay away from Mari Jo Mason (1996)

What was the reaction back to Mari Jo Mason as a character? I was pretty isolated in my viewing experience and I remember finding her not particularly interesting as a villain-ish character and kind of lightly written as if they created her as a plot device rather than a full-bore character. And yet she did have a lot of story while she was on.
What did others think about her?

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members
On 5/30/2021 at 10:58 PM, FrenchBug82 said:

The process of change has been so slow that I had almost forgotten but Eric Braeden was such a dynamic presence back then. He wasn't always doing the cold mumbly thing he does most of the time now.

EB was on fire this time...personally I feel that it had to do with the stellar writing then. I love how he kept slamming that notebook.

15 hours ago, kalbir said:

I've blocked out Ashley's 1996-1999 storylines from my mind. Worst recast ever, even moreso than Eddie Winslow.

Agree.. most of the time she seemed bland.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Y&R - Mari Jo hurries up to get to the Abbott’s mansion before Blade does (1995)

Y&R - Mari Jo and Jill get to know each other (1995)

Y&R - Mari Jo tell’s Rick to stay away from Ashley (1995)

more great and rare videos uploaded to YT.. 

Edited by asafi

• Members
23 hours ago, allmc2008 said:

I'm binging 1998. I started at June and now I'm in mid-July.  I absolutely LOVE Sharon. It's so sad that they trashed the character by giving her an insulting story.

I feel like the first insulting story was having her make a move on Victor in 2003. I don't know why, but it was gross. 02/03 was the worst so many horrible things happened during that period. 

• Members
1 hour ago, will81 said:

I feel like the first insulting story was having her make a move on Victor in 2003. I don't know why, but it was gross. 02/03 was the worst so many horrible things happened during that period. 

Yes. Sharon and Victor counts as one of the worst things that ever happened to the show.

He had acted as a surrogate father to her all the way before. It was insane, out of character for both of them, absolutely revolting in the context of Sharon/Nick being the end game.
It was absolutely definitely a horrendous mistake. That they hung on to in some version for way longer than was sane to do. And the show knows it, making sure later to tell us they never actually slept together despite getting married twice.

• Members
1 hour ago, will81 said:

That was one of the first jump the shark moments for Y&R. They had such a lovely relationship. Victor was supportive and acted as a check on Nikki's jealousy/irrational hate of Sharon. I thought he respected the fact that Sharon was working class and taking care of her disabled mother, while Nikki saw a bit of herself in Sharon and rejected her because of that.

• Members
8 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

It was absolutely definitely a horrendous mistake. That they hung on to in some version for way longer than was sane to do. And the show knows it, making sure later to tell us they never actually slept together despite getting married twice.

I remember when a lot of soap fans that hated Sharon insisted that she and Victor had "consummated" the marriage by sleeping together, though it was never shown or discussed onscreen. I was like "Nope, didn't happen if it didn't show up onscreen". Now unfortunately, it seems like most of the events take place offscreen on these soaps now. Interesting though, that Y&R wanted to court controversy with the storyline but also wanted an escape hatch by not showing a physical relationship between former father and daughter-in-law onscreen. They knew that garbage was bad.

• Members
11 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Yes. Sharon and Victor counts as one of the worst things that ever happened to the show.

He had acted as a surrogate father to her all the way before. It was insane, out of character for both of them, absolutely revolting in the context of Sharon/Nick being the end game.

The worst storyline...I pretend it didnt exist

• Members
4 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I remember when a lot of soap fans that hated Sharon insisted that she and Victor had "consummated" the marriage by sleeping together, though it was never shown or discussed onscreen. I was like "Nope, didn't happen if it didn't show up onscreen". Now unfortunately, it seems like most of the events take place offscreen on these soaps now. Interesting though, that Y&R wanted to court controversy with the storyline but also wanted an escape hatch by not showing a physical relationship between former father and daughter-in-law onscreen. They knew that garbage was bad.

Victor and Sharon were never shown in bed together. There was one scene where they held hands and walked upstairs together, so the bedroom activities were implied.