Y&R: Old Articles

DRW50

• Members
4 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

I think I fixed it, but can you check?

Yep It's fixed! Thanks!

Please register in order to view this content

14 hours ago, Chris B said:

It’s striking to see how vibrate the characters that are still on are here. The Newman’s before Adam destroyed that family, a normal Abbott family with Brad and Mamie still included, the Winters family. Great supporting characters like Larry Wharton and Grace. Actual teens with story. 

When they reshowed the 2 2004 episodes (7/5 and 7/6/04) of Katherine's intervention last summer, It was amazing to see how many vets were still present during that time. We saw Liz, Brock, and Gina With Nikki, Lauren, Jill and Mackenzie all trying to save Katherine from drinking, and got those ghostly visits from Rex and Phillip! on top with that we saw Dru having flashbacks of around the time she first came to town with Mamie! 

It's all of that which is why I personally hold 2004-2005 in the "classic" Y&R category! They are not my favorite years, but compared to what was a head only 2-3 years later, those two years are definitely still Y&R

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

GUYS!!! There's some full French episodes on this channel!!   

according to the French Guide this episode aired in the U.S on October 10, 1988!   

This one aired July 24, 1989 in the U.S!

Edited by YRfan23

• Members
50 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

OMG, what an amazing find

I noticed in the comments some people are asking if they have other old episodes but I didn't see a response, damn!

• Members
10 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

OMG, what an amazing find  I noticed in the comments some people are asking if they have other old episodes but I didn't see a response, damn!

I posted these 2 because it looks like they are the 2 NEW ones we haven't seen. The other 2 they have are ones already uploaded. 

I honestly just looked up Lex Feux D'Lamour randomly searching for something else, and I jumped in when I saw these episodes pop up!

LOL

• Members
On 7/6/2021 at 4:57 PM, yrfan1983 said:

Speaking of mis-dated episodes...

I am currently watching Feb 3 '95 on @YRfan23 's playlist: 

but in the vault is also a ep labeled 2-3-95, and it's a different ep, with only 16 minutes.

I'm guessing the vault version is a later ep than Feb 3. Anyone know the actual date?

ETA: Ah, in comparing YRFan23's version of 2-13-95, I think the vault version labeled 2-3-95 is actually 2-13-95. Can someone who has access update the date?

I love the music cue at the start with Nick and Sharon. 

• Members
On 7/7/2021 at 4:06 AM, YRfan23 said:

according to the French Guide this episode aired in the U.S on October 10, 1988!   

This one aired July 24, 1989 in the U.S!

Has anyone saved the episode which was deleted ? I am so happy to watch French episodes !! It is a reminder of my childhood

• Members
7 hours ago, FrenchFan said:

Has anyone saved the episode which was deleted ? I am so happy to watch French episodes !! It is a reminder of my childhood

This must be a country thing because they don't show up as deleted for me (in the US). I uploaded these in the vault already (October 10, 1988 and January 24, 1989).  There are also a couple of others that were newer or already available in English (July 3, 1989, July 8, 1992 clip, and May 31, 2007 clip), if you want I will upload them too.

I really hope someone will come along and fill in more 1988 and 1989 French episodes to fill in the gaps. There was that wonderful angel a few months ago who uploaded Phillip's death in French. It is great to see the scenes even if they are not in English.

• Members
7 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

Wow, that's super rare! I guess this is right after she meets "mother"?

Yes! That ep is at Museum of TV Radio and I’ve seen it. This is the finale episode where she meets “Mother” and Edward blows himself up. Week of 9/25/81. Nikki is miraculously recovered a week later, stripping at the Bayou, where she meets Victor.

• Members
11 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Yes! That ep is at Museum of TV Radio and I’ve seen it. This is the finale episode where she meets “Mother” and Edward blows himself up. Week of 9/25/81. Nikki is miraculously recovered a week later, stripping at the Bayou, where she meets Victor.

This must have been another strike story - the '81 strike seemed to bring howlers to most of the soaps. 

It's a credit to MTS that she managed to make these OTT plots work and make Nikki feel like a real character.