Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks for posting that.

Yikes, I remember Salvage 1.

It seems an odd show for Andy Griffith to be involved with but it seems he really wanted to be back with a weekly series. I think he had another flop 'The Yeagers[  around this time also. It took him a few years to get a hit with Matlock.

So what happened with Trish Stewart?

Even though Salvage 1 bombed, it would have got her name out there.

Joel Higgins fresh off the soaps also, went on to more success. Of course, it was easier for him as most series were built around men.

Did Trish actively pursue more work or quickly decide to give up?

A few years later she came back yo Y&R, much heavier. Had she been ill or no longer cared trying to be Hollywood slim.

So many questions...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I uploaded the following to the vault:

January 12, 1990 episode

August 2, 1990 (short clip)

August 15, 1990 episode

October 18, 1990 episode

I'm wondering if anyone has these episodes? I ordered DVDs of these, but they were duplicates of other episodes or I was a sent an entirely different show, sigh. I'm hoping someone has these or anything else to help fill out that year. 

March 12, 1990

April 26 - May 3, 1990

May 30 - June 4, 1990

October 8-9, 1990

December 19-20, 1990

• Members

Wow - new eps from '90 are very rare, thank you so much!!  Ugh sorry to hear about those dupes... I actually had noticed that you had uploaded 3/12/90 to the Vault and removed it... now it makes sense.

Just watched 1/12/90 and every story was on point.

• Members

A great 1996 scene was uploaded to you tube.. 

After learning Dina did not left town (because of Katherine) and wants John back, Jill wants to cancel her divorce with her husband.

Also uploaded another rare scene from 1996.. so clearly mentioning Patty was a way to bring her back? I wonder why the story dropped 

Mary shows to Christine some Paul's photos from his childhood and tells her Paul has a sister, named Patty. Shocked, Christine asks Paul why he never told her about his sister.

Edited by asafi

• Members

The clip with Christine learning about Patty was from September 18, 1996.  Anyone know the airdate of the scene with Dina? The September 18th date is in the vault only in German, it would be great to have the English.

Edit: here it is in Englis h https://archive.org/details/youngandtherestless19960918

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Hmmm... for Christine not to be aware of Patty seems like a retcon... in spring/early summer '84, Danny was dating Andrea Evans' Patty before his shotgun wedding to Traci... while Cricket was also hanging around/crushing on Danny. Don't know if Cricket and Patty ever shared a scene but surely she knew of Patty as "competition"

Such a retcon wouldn't be unusual for YR... I'm watching fall '93 now, where all of Eve's sins from the 80s were completely erased... '93 Nikki says she's never met Eve but has heard good things 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

I’d like to know what was going though Bill Bells head with these Retcons. I just think it’s weird neither Alden, Smith or anyone on the writing staff would remind him: “wait, these characters did meet before, etc..” it’s so lazy, unless Bell felt those early 80s stories with Eve, Patty etc.. weren’t his best and he felt the need to “reset” the prior history. It’s a bit of an insult to the audience who had watched for 10-20 years at that point and did see all those stories play out. I once heard Bell assumed viewers wouldn’t remember those stories or characters. Again kind of insulting the viewers intelligence. 

• Members

Why bother with Cricket not knowing about Patty? Surely it would be just as easy (and acceptable) for her to say that Paul never talks much about her.

As much as Bill is praised, had those stories come about in the internet age, there would have been a lot of blowback.

As a viewer at the time, I was annoyed by these retcons.

We've talked about it before, but it seems odd that Bell would initiate  this story without having the role of Patty cast.