Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think the actor playing the orderly is Richard Gates. He had as role on Santa Barbara and appeared in classic shows like Partridge Family, My Three Sons Chips etc...He was also in the classic comedy film The Kentucky Fried Movie in the last segment where the news crew watches him and his girlfriend make love through the TV.

Picture from Santa Barbara as Sean Morrisey

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Bill Bell also reused Peggy's relationship with her college professor storyline for Traci. Chris Brooks's storylines were reused for B&B's Caroline.

1987 Ashley's psychiatric hospital also had an aggressive Black patient.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

All the patients with Ashley were direct  copies of the same ones with Leslie. Even the names of Ruth and her stealing food. When Ashley was first shown with them, My Mom said out loud " Those look like the same ones that were in there with Leslie"

• Members

Bill did like to repeat stories one way or another...

Days Mickey on the farm /Y&R Victor on the farm  which actually first played in radio on Young Dr Malone

Days Phyllis shoots Mary by mistake/ Y&R Vanessa shoots Lance by mistake

Days Eric writes scandalous novel 'In My Brother's Shadow /Y&R Lorie writes scandalous novel 'In My Sister's Shadow'

• Members

Yes the Chris/Snapper/Greg triangle and their story was mostly re-done for the first year of B&B. Except Bell didn't marry Ridge and Caroline. Ridge always seemed a little like a combo of Jack Abbott and Snapper. Thorne, before Jeff Trachta, did seem like Greg. I always saw Brooke more like Jill 2.0 with a bit of Sally Maguire thrown in.

All three had the same names. Ruth, Wanda and Julie. Leslie mistaking the orderly for Brad same as Ashley mistaking the orderly for Victor and both being attacked. Pretty much the whole story was repeated. I knew Bell used similar elements in other stories, but this was by far the most blatant.

Also who else thinks the nurse looks similar to K.T Stevens? The woman could have played Vanessa's younger sister for sure

• Members

Oh my, he repeated stereotypes too?

I sort of remember the psychiatric storyline but I must have forgotten details over the years.  I was in elementary school back then, I probably wouldn't have recognized the stereotype anyway. In 1987, at least viewers would have seen Detective Frank Lewis, his daughter Amy Lewis and Nathan Hastings was on the canvas by then, I think. The presence of those characters must have dulled any negative impact of that asylum character.

• Members

I wonder if Bell meant for viewers to think it was the same 3 women after all those years, but the actresses were recast ?  I remember my Mom saying she thought those were the same ones in there with Leslie during Ashley's time in there. 

That one woman telling Leslie she was pretty and kissing her was surprising for 1974 daytime TV.  I would love to see this entire storyline play out. How long was Leslie in there ? Did the creepy orderly get caught with his pants down so to speak ? How long did Leslie go without food before they figured out she was starving ? I know someone posted the Lorie paid Leslie a visit and rubbed it in her face about being mentally sick and no one would believe her about Lorie's role in the mental breakdown. Leslie screamed Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch !!!!!! before the commercial break so the censors wouldn't catch it. 

I remember when Ashley was there she had to get the nurse to stay in there at one point as she wolfed her food down.

• Members

Patient Wanda is played actress Marie Denn.........she appeared on the Brady Bunch in the episode 'Where's There's Smoke as the Mother of Greg's friend Tommy who wants to have a No Smoking Campaign. She asks Carol to join. Greg get's Tommy's jacket by mistake and it has cigarettes in it. She tells Carol she needs to deal with Greg when in fact it's her own son who's lighting up.

• Members

This is fantastic! This era is so rare - I'm so excited to see more of the fallout between Tricia and Megan. I see the episode of Megan saying "how could you be such a bitch" is on there! I'm thinking of sharing these to Sabryn since I'm connected to her on social media.

If you ever get to 2001, feel free to upload your versions of them, in case there are differences in versions and quality.

Please register in order to view this content

Was Keith Dennison always supposed to be this j@ckass of a character?

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92