Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

The Dennisons weren’t exactly introduced in one of the shows most golden periods. They totally fit the bill of the likes of Kurt Costner. They were not exactly great characters; I’m nearly always Team Jill, so gutting her with Keith was not exactly my dream pairing. Ironical, I loved Megan with Tony and fell in love with Tricia eventually as well - when she went off the deep end. 

The only time Keith was ever good was when we got a TEMP KEITH in 1999 (?). That actor was super sexy and had off the charts chemistry with Jess Walton. I never understood why they went back to the original portrayer Granville Van Dusen (?) for all future visits.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think you summed it it very well! 

On paper I think Keith Dennison could’ve worked quite well but the actor playing him was so not dynamic at all. Maybe someone like  Tristan Rogers should have been cast as Keith instead of that really crappy P.I. role he had on B&B at the time. It reminded me of what went wrong with Blade, possibly intriguing character but wrong actor for the role. 

I too loved Tony and Megan and it seemed for a minute they were going to be Y&R’s next big couple but they were quickly sidelined with the rise of the Glo by Jabot kids.  Some people blamed the recast but I think it was lazy on the show’s half if they couldn’t come up with early 20’s angst. 

• Members

They didn't even TRY to write for Tony Viscardi after the recast.   How many times did Megan bat her eyes and say, "I can't wait to become Mrs. Tony Viscardi in every possible way?"  Pure cheese.   The only time the writers seemed interested in them was when Tricia kissed Tony and then kicked him and killed him.  There was a lot of potential in all of that, but the show raced through it, preferring to have Megan lament about her Perpetual Virginity.   And Keith --- yeah, I agree, the temporary recast (wasn't his name David Allen Brooks?) had way more charisma than Granville Van Dusen,  although his performances were pretty wooden.    

• Members

The Dennisons came on during the lull (Fall 1996 through first half of 1997). I wonder if the original intention for Tricia was to be a Victoria replacement. Tricia's first episode was the same week as Victoria leaving town, and Tricia was given storylines similar to Victoria's early storylines w/ Ryan.