Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

More from the Anonymous Angel.  I am almost done! Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!

Playlist: Kay is Jill's mother
I didn't divide these by date since all of the full episodes are available on the RR YouTube channel. I had to trim opening credits on some of these so the ones in the vault may be better. A controversial storyline but it was still interesting to watch this.

January 23, 2004 clip 
Brittany is electrocuted

July 4, 2007 clip

October 22, 2003 clip
Kay leaves town (70s clips)

October 23, 2003 clip
Matt visits Victor

I also isolated and enlarged some cool clips from the end credits that are pretty rare. They were in honor of Y&R's 30th anniversary.

March 1981 - Victor traps Michael Scott in the dungeon!

May 29, 1992 - Victor's heart attack - I've never seen that much of the scene before. A real shame this episode has never come up in full, I'd love to see it (it's also the one where Nina gives Ryan a sportscar).

• Members

Have the scenes in which Ashley and Victor talked about the abortion in the rain been uploaded yet?

How about the sanitareum scenes?

Also, can someone give me a timeline of 80s Ashley? I'm really curious about what led up to the abortion and the nervous breakdown (and when it all happened).

• Members

The clip, in the rain, after the abortion is number 121 in 1986.

She was locked away because she snapped and had a breakdown.  She just mentally couldn't handle having had the abortion.  She had the abortion because she overheard a conversation between Victor and Casey, Nikki's sister, where they discussed that Nikki was dying.  Ashley had jut found out that she was pregnant and was going to tell Victor.  Now, she didn't want to take him from his dying wife.  She doesn't tell Victor why she aborted the baby until 1987.

Ashley had a previous mental breakdown, in 1985, when she found out that John wasn't her biological father.  Completely snapped both times.  No recollection of who she was.

• Members

Ashley wanted the baby but found out Nikki was dying and decided to have an abortion as she also didn't want to raise the baby alone or marry Matt (he offered) just for the sake of raising the baby with a father (she also didn't want a repeat of her child finding out their father was someone else like she did with Brent) Matt eventually told Victor and he tried to stop her but she ended up getting an earlier appointment and it was done. Victor raged at her for not telling him and never wanted to see her again. After that Ashley seemed mostly okay but slowly fell into a depression and began hearing a baby crying here and there. Julia came to town to try to help her but Ashley backed away from everyone, including Matt.

At Christmas, John gave her an open ended ticket to have a vacation and she left around New Years, at the same time she ran into Nikki (who didn't know about the pregnancy or abortion) who rubbed it in that she and Victor were reconciled and Ashley was alone. As she flew into New York (I think on her way to Barbados?) she began losing it and went into a semi catatonic state. She walked the streets of NYC until she was found by a police officer sitting in a park in the rain. He tried to help her but she couldn't speak, so he took her to the sanatorium where she was admitted.

• Members

The dates could be slightly off, but I think it was:

Jan 1986-Dec 1989

Oct 1995 - Sep 1997

Dec 2005-May 2006

There is ZERO chance to catch them anywhere (most of these episodes aired on PayTV many years ago and therefore not many recordings seem to exist...) - except for those episodes graciously uploaded in The Vault.