Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

The way I saw it was, when she took the extended maternity leave, the show moved on and she’s never been able to recover from that. Even her connection to Phyllis was mostly replaced with Sharon. Once writers started changing over I feel all hope for her was lost because she wasn’t a main character when those writers came on. The only decent thing she’s gotten in 15 years was probably when she had the miscarriage. I think she even got an Emmy nom for that. 

I think if they were willing to write her a real story she’d do it, but being so stuck with Paul is also a character killer. She should be mixing it up with the major players not stuck with Paul. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know if people ever saw this short film made with Jess Walton and Camryn Grimes (they play mother and daughter!) but it's very good! It's very dark mind you, but definitely well put together! I think this was filmed either 2004 of 2005.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

OMFG!

Janice Lynde is a QUEEN!

I cannot believe that she has just shared extensive material (20 minutes' worth of clips) of Y&R from 1974, in honor of the show's anniversary. We get to see Leslie Brooks in the decrepit Detroit mental hospital, victimized  by fellow patients and degenerate staff. 

I never thought in a million years that I would see any of this again. It is chilling and mesmerizing, and really illustrates how pointless and weak the show is in 2021, compared to what it was back in 1974.

I imagine that someone with computer skill and know-how will be kind enough and smart enough to store these clips in the vault, before it disappears from you-know-where.

• Members

One thing that I really appreciate whenever I get a chance to see episodes from this era of Y&R is the use of colloquial dialogue. As much as I love writing/hearing elevated dialogue, when it comes to seeing scenes that are supposed to feature people from everyday walk of life, a natural sounding dialogue usually works best. And it's so much more meaningful than the constant snark and one-liners that present day Y&R seems to prefer, at times.

The acting seems solid and the patients and "Brett" all seem terrible, but did they have to make the one black character seem so overtly aggressive? She was bordering on terrorizing Leslie!. Just oof.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yeah true, I think if this show had been more diverse back then, such as characters that came later like Amy, Dru, Olivia, Neil etc.... this would not have seemed so bad, but when your only Black/POC character is a scary mental patient it is disappointing. Even in the 70's Bell and co could have been doing better.