Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great uploads!!! Bold Restless, Antonia chapstick, YR, and Y&R Fans 23, 93 etc.... have really been on fire these past few months!!!  (amongst others who I may not have mentioned) Thank u guys!!!!!

Speaking of the yr channel I see they've uploaded some yearly episode playlists from the 90s forward. Excited about 2002 and 03 which are usually hard to find:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCuJkTOrjRs3ygJNMk1dfm_A

Probably uploaded already but lost in the shuffle:

(5/21/03) Kay finds out Jill is her "daughter":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dA7KVkpZe0&list=PLoeEe7VyF-9lQNEdrstrxzlekMfMpnz2z&index=23

(5/21/03)Aftermath:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DeWbOde6j98&list=PLoeEe7VyF-9lQNEdrstrxzlekMfMpnz2z&index=22

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Sorry if this was mentioned by anyone, but by going through the closing credits of the 1986-1987 German episodes was anyone able to get the exact dates that Wes Kenney was last credited as EP and Ed Scott became EP. something i didn’t realize was that Bill Bell was actually the sole EP for Most of 1987 and based on the little full credits that are available Ed Scott actually became EP around October/November 1987. I’d love to know when the exact dates were though. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

It happens in late 1986 and there are not enough end credits unfortunately. I have been wondering myself when the change happened. Kenney is still credited in Sep 86 but Bell is the sole EP by Dec 19, 1986. So sometime between there I guess. 

In terms of when Bell became Senior Exec Prod and Ed Scott EP, again not enough end credits to know. Probably is by Oct/Nov 87. 

ETA: All the papers report Kenney's departure in Nov/Dec 1986 and it is mentioned Kenney is taking over GH by Jan 87. 

ETA: Doug Davidson mentions in a May 87 interview that Ed Scott is running things (but using the Kenney model) Bell checks in from B&B on occassion. By October 87 Ed Scott is being referred to as a line producer, replacing Kenney (in an interview with MTS)

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks! That definitely explains the timeline a little better. Too bad most of the German closings  are edited out, but at least we have some idea of the months Kenny/Scott started. 

I guess Bill Bell had to devote time to B&Bs first 6 months before becoming Senior EP of Y&R

• Members

Can push the date back a bit further. John Goudas' "Soap Opera Scenes" had a piece on Kate Linder that appeared in a few papers in mid/late October 1986.

Kenney was still at Y&R, but it was known he was leaving in January. 

His decision wasn't a surprise.

From Nancy Reichardt's Tune in Tomorrow appearing in various papers the last week of August 1986:

• Members

Here's some more 1991 and one of the other 1995 dates I was suppose to get!

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks to another anonymous  angel, I was able to get some of the missing dates that I never received in the mail!   (Long Story! LOL) hope the other 2 dates I should have gotten get posted at some point. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Your welcome!

Please register in order to view this content

the count is now at 205 I believe? so we’d need 46 more episodes to compete the entire 1991 year which consists of 251 episodes! At some point I hope I can  get the full episodes to replace the partial ones too.