Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm like this too. I'm currently stopped at 1988 cause I'm hoping more will pop up. I actually have not even watched a lot of the things I've uploaded yet. 

It's the year before I started watching, so it's in that sweet spot of stuff I've yet to watch and have never seen, other than scenes like the Masquerade ball. Thank you so much YRFan23!

Also, someone has been uploading a ton of 1998 and 1999 videos to the vault. Thank you to this person as well

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Wow, you are in for a major treat! 1991 isn't perfect... there's Leanna's IVF antics, which is so silly and annoying to me, and Traci and Brad's attempt at a remarriage, which just makes me sad. 

But there's SO much good stuff... Sheila, Drunk Nikki, Neil!, Ryan!, Flo!, Dru's ballet debut, David's "killer' new face, the list goes on and on...

Thanks for the upload tip! (I think you mean 1998, not 1988) I'm excited to watch 9/1/98, which has a rare-for-the-time group scene with Nina, Katherine and Jill.  Thank you so much Anonymous Angel!

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

Thanks as always @YRfan23!!! 

I had watched the 2/14/94 episode first up and to my delight it’s the episode where Ashley received the painting from Mari Jo. 

I also recall that Colleen birthday party clear as day 27 years later; I always felt the show did criminally underuse Greg Wrangler as Steve at the time. I was eventually disappointed by Brad & Lauren’s breakup but here I still see them as a very viable couple, powerful interlopers if you will. And it reminds me of what a waste B&B  in time eventually did to Lauren, we still see Scotty here yet never did on B&B.

Still utilizing Douglas was a fun and good thing, but who was Marvin Oakley? I thought Cole’s father was eventually proven to be the notorious Rick Daros. 

• Members

Your welcome my friend!

I don't know if you got to watch 2/9/94 yet, but I think that's the first time we hear Mari Jo's voice when she calls Blade. It's clearly Diana Barton, but she's credited as "Woman on Phone" in the contract list, so that was pretty funny!   I thought there was another actress by the name of Pamela Bach,  that played Mari Jo before Diana B. though unless the other lady was a temp?

I'm not the biggest Brad fan during this time, but it's definitely sad how Colleen rejects him. I feel like Bill Bell just used this story as filler, and the most we got out of it was a long awaited catfight between Lauren and Traci. Lauren was heavenly backburned for the remainder of 1994 all the way into 1995 before she left for B&B where like you said she was wasted over there. I think Brad suffered a bit too with not having much to do until the following summer when he started seeing Nikki until their aborted wedding before he suddenly left town after Victor was shot. 

Rick Darros being Cole's father would have made more sense too. Honestly it still baffles me that they sort of retconned the Eve stuff between what we saw onscreen between 1980-1984, till her 1993 return. One thing being that they ignored how Cole/Charles met Victor years ago when he was a boy, because Victor begrudlingly looked after him when Eve needed him too. Then of course I don't think Nikki ever put two and two together that Cole's mom was the same nutcase who she fought with when Victor faked his death, and who tried to murder her at her wedding. 

• Members

I don't think Rick Daros and Eve met until 1984 though, when Cole was already a child? 

Anyway, here's another batch of videos from the Y&R Anonymous Angel to kick off the week!

They are in the vault too.

2/19/96
Nick & Sharon's wedding, Soap Classics version (in vault only)

July 4, 2001
Ryan & Victoria clipfest. The individual clips are uploaded in the vault as well.

July 10, 2001

November 2, 2001 - Clip Tricia takes Victor to bed

November 27, 2001 - Clip Ryan's Death

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Damn! 91 was strong but Im gonna have to say 1998! Sandra Nelson as Phyliss, Cassie's custody battle, Crazy Sarah/Veronica, plus Victor and Diane's divorce.

They just kept making it worse with the added complication of Cane, and making Jill Lauren's sister, then saying Tucker McCall was Kay's son and making Devon his son. One big cannon mess!!

Speaking of all that I recently got into 2009 (a year no one cares about

) on the YR channel. There was a lot  going on between Nick/Sharon/Phyliss/Jack, Nikki and Paul almost getting married, Phillip's return Adam gas lighting Ashley, and the build up to Colleen's death. There was alot of crap, and it wasn't prime quality y&r but it was waaay easier to sit through than today show.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

To me, 1998 was the last gold standard year for the show, but as I've said before I'd  go with 2001 as the last solid quality year.

To briefly rehash the verdict on MAB, that was the era of Y&R I grew up on. She wasn't great, neither was Lynn Marie Latham, but they were better than what followed post 2013. what killed her tenure were endless canonical rewrites, and too many doppelganger and surgically altered faced story lines!

At the very least things happened on a daily basis, plus sets and classic musical cues were retained. However, I don't know how Y&R remained number one at the time. I found GH and OLTL (both on the quality sliding scale as well) to have a lot more action happening at the time. 

Edited by ironlion