Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow! I see 12/10/92 - isn’t that where Jill announces to the Jabot board that she and Victor are getting married (but they actually aren’t?) Always wanted to see that.

Also 11/15/88 and partial 12/1/88 were added - timing couldn’t be more perfect as I am making my way through Nov ‘88.

Thank you YR Anonymous Angel!

• Members

I swear, every day is like Christmas with this vault.

Please register in order to view this content

Someone also uploaded the FULL E True Hollywood Story under Behind the Scenes.  

I watched it last night. There's some funny mistakes (like JLB playing Stuart's wife), but it's pretty good. There's some rare photos of Katherine & Joanne, and they actually interview Phil Morris, Jon St. Elwood, and Amy Gibson about the whiteface story. And there's a clip of EB speaking on the record about the fistfight, no comments from PB. Curious what you all think of it!

• Members

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes it was enjoyable. I liked the history of the soap genre leading up to YR's creation.

There's a nice group cast pic I hadn't seen before at 24:05, I'd guess from summer '82

Yea there were a few chronology mistakes, like they said the Katherine and Joanne story was early 80s when it was '77, and they said LLB joined in '80, not '83.  They interviewed multiple YR history experts - they should have had the experts review the chronology, haha

I thought the Phil Morris interview was a bit unclear - I didn't understand why he had a breakdown on set. The interview made it seem like it was because people on tours would walk through the set and stare at him, with his white make-up on...?  Doesn't quite add up...

Also, they made it sound like Deborah Adair was just a random actress who subbed for BrendaD for one week in 1986... that is just not true.

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

@yrfan1983 I am just finishing up the cast charts. You mentioned Peter Parros might be in the Sep 2, 1987 ep. How convinced are you? The guy looks like he has a beard and you barely he see his face, which makes me think he was a sub and they didn't want to confuse people so they basically had most shots of his back. Leo always got a face shot whenever he was around and I am convinced they would have cut to Leo talking to Phillip if it was Parros. 

Dec 24, 1987 must be his last appearance. Though this guys face looks more square and thinner, I guess Parros, whose face seemed rounder to me, could have been working out. Looks too much like him in every other way. 

Reminds of Brenda D's face change. If you told me she had a twin that took over around 86 or 87, I'd believe it

ETA: I have put the cast charts up. I decided it wasn't Parros in the Sep 2 ep (though you really can't see the guys face, so who knows) I did put him in the Dec 24 ep. The whole year is there now. I will do Jan 88 when I get the chance.

Also for those following the blog, I have added Oct and Nov and will be doing Dec 83 and Jan 84. Doing two months at a time to catch up a bit. Will go back to one month a day again soon

Edited by will81

• Members

I know it sounds a bit odd, but watching that scene, they seem to show everything but his face, except a brief and darkly lit side shot that is a split second. I could be wrong though. Yeah I can't imagine Parros would be left out like that. Leo was always shown, even if his appearances were brief

• Members

@will81 Thank you so much for providing us the 1987 statistics!! Love them!

If I may, I noticed just some possibly incorrect totals.. maybe just have a look, as I am not sure if the total/sum is off or the total is fine, but then the there is an extra appearance for the following in March 1987:

- David Kimble - you have total 3, but it appears he was on 4 different episodes

- Esther - same as above

- Jack Abbott (Terry Lester) - you have total 7, but it appears he was on 8 different episodes

Thanks once again!!

• Members

Thanks for that. My eyes must have fallen to the line below or moved above and counted the wrong line. I have fixed it up and I will re-upload. So the totals were incorrect and I + 1 those three and moved them accordingly. I colour each square as I am watching so I know that is correct, it is just counting them can get tricky when there are so many all together and my eye loses track.

Thanks again for letting me know

ETA: Before I re-upload. What would people prefer. Add the sub player to the contract cast and total the appearances together or keep them separate. i.e should I add Brett Porter and Terry Lester together and place Jack at the top with 17. Or keep them split? I added Brenda and Deborah together for the Nov 86 eps but wasn't sure what people prefer or if there is a preference.

Edited by will81