Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I remember hearing that. I think Shemar's growing popularity, played a factor as to why Bill Bell just dropped any mention of the "rape" whatsoever....It's just a shame Nathan went under the bus to make Malcolm popular. 

I forget if Neil even realized Lily isn't his daughter? LOL 

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's a solid place actually. Summer Solstice, haha. I agree with that

I was thinking about it. Wouldn't it have been better if Mai was older and replaced Amy in the Sharon/Nick/Matt story and linked Luan (who I think should have been with John) into the Newman story and thus Jack and Keemo as well. Keemo already hates his half brother Jack because Luan (instead of Mamie) tells everyone she and John were lovers after his stroke and no one believes her, and now Mai has a nervous breakdown and goes missing. Pulling them all in to the one story while also giving them their own stuff to deal with. Adding more tension to the Jack/Keemo/Mari-Jo story which should have been the triangle that was a main focus

Edited by will81

• Members

Wow, you remember the week that the frat party started 

Please register in order to view this content

So instead of the Vietnam rewrite, you would have had Keemo be John's son? Keemo's birth year was established as 1972 and Dina abandoned the family in 1971 so the timeline works. John in his devastation over Dina's abandonment turns to Luan, resulting in Keemo.

• Members

I never liked Jack as being in Vietnam, just doesn't gel with his character. I could see John enlisted, would explain why Dina left town. Being with a military man might have been too much for her. Though getting rid of the back story entirely and having Luan get pregnant by John and sent away by her family out of shame as she got pregnant out of wedlock would have worked better. Maybe the migrated from Vietnam early. I know most people fled closer to 1975 and later

Yeah I think Keemo and Jack as siblings would have worked better, while Luan and John and Jill would have been far better. Keeping Mamie from being humiliated and sent packing. She could have still seen her role in the house diminished allowing Dru and Liv to set her up with various men to help her move on, those dates could be disasterous, until she finally found her rich man who whisked her away (if they really needed to send her off). Luan would have had to be more firey and a match for Jill though. Mai is older and with the frat pack and Keemo and Jack are fighting it out over Mari-Jo, who is pitting them against each other for her own amusement. I do think Jack did better with women who were trouble.

I think also having Luan's restaurant take off and attract some shady business men would have been a great story for her and John. Especially if they kidnapped her just as she and John were to be married, maybe even on the day of. And you could have still thrown Dina in as a roadbloack at some point too. Or maybe Mai and Luan could have played out Mildred Pierce, haha. Might have been good too.

I think also moving Jill on from the Abbotts and ending the divorce and custody battle sooner would have helped her immensely. She could still be at odds with Victor over other things, thus setting up his shooting and her taking the fall. But she is with John Silva during this time a sort of redux of Michael Crawford and this gives John custody of Billy and eventually he and Luan move to New York. Thus allowing her return in 1999. 

There was a wealth of opportunity for them to be honest.

Edited by will81

• Members

It’s also a shame that in 1994 that Aunt Jill didn’t get shipped two hell raising teens in Chuckie and Jennifer because Snapper, Chris and Sally couldn’t handle them.

Please register in order to view this content

I can only imagine Liz just casually dropping them off at the Abbott mansion to a shocked Jill lol. 

• Members

LOL! If there was ever a time to reintroduce the two that was the time in 1994.  It would have definitely given Jill a lot more to do than an umpteenth divorce from John. Plus I could definitely see Chuckie being a JT type character and have a lustful affair with an older woman(Lauren? Mari Jo?) while Jennifer would have definitely been an Brittany Hodges-type character. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thanks @will81 for all you have been doing!

Bundy1965 is adding more German episodes to the vault starting with November 1995 into 1996.  She is also adding bits of the same episodes in English when she has them, either next to the episode or in the clips folder for that year. As someone who also collected many random clips of Y&R over the years and isn't sure what's what, I can truly appreciate the time it took to figure out those dates and put them in the right order! It will make it much easier to watch in order. 

I made this playlist a long time ago with the German 1995 eps that were already on YouTube.  Eventually, I will add Bundy's (I still have to do the rest of 1986 as well). The first two episodes correspond to the 1995 daytime/primetime episodes.