Jump to content

Y&R: Old Articles


Recommended Posts

Barbara Crampton is a major horror star again these days - and not just cheap schlock, but fairly well-received stuff with some real cred (like You're Next and Channel Zero). She was a guest on Joe Bob Briggs' Last Drive-In, the return of his weekly horror movie double feature on Shudder, last year and did discuss her time on Y&R. She's referenced it often and has nothing against it. She still looks amazing. I'd kill to have her do a guest bit on a good soap, not that any exist atm.

Edited by Vee
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always found her shrill until I recently watched her original Y&R run and I was like "oh, she's supposed to be crazy." I appreciate her acting much more now. It was quite the debut... "tell Dr. Lassiter that Leanna left the asylum." 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 6:33 PM, will81 said:

So I have decided to start a tumblr. I am going to upload all of Jon-Michael Reed's columns and recaps, as well as Lynda Hirsch and anything else soap related I come across. Also any scans I eventually get done of the 70's soap magazines will go there too as well as (I hope, lol) the remaining SOD 90's mags that I have. I figured it is easier than opening several threads here. I put together a very basic one that I might redesign as I go along. Here is the link https://thesoapsofyesterday-blog-blog.tumblr.com

 

Give me a few days to start uploading stuff, I will probably just send a message once I have started putting things up, but it will be slow. Very slow, haha

 

 

Yay!! I’m so excited to start tuning in to the weekly recaps post-March 1983!! It’ll be worth waiting for, especially since 1983-early 1984 is my 2nd favorite era!

Edited by ltm1997
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ltm1997 said:

 

 

Yay!! I’m so excited to start tuning in to the weekly recaps post-March 1983!! It’ll be worth waiting for, especially since 1983-early 1984 is my 2nd favorite era!

No worries. I should be able to start on those today or tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, will81 said:

No worries. I should be able to start on those today or tomorrow. 


Awesome!!Thank you again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this and was wondering if Doug was talking about Brenda Dickson? Steven would have believed it since Jill and Andy were together when Deb Adair was in the role

 

But Davidson pulled his all-time favorite gag on Steven Ford when he played Andy Richards (1981-87) on the show.

 

"We had a cast member on the show, who will remain nameless, that nobody liked to work with," explains Davidson. "I typed up four scenes between Steve and this actress and inserted them into his script. When Steve got it, he saw all these mad passionate scenes with someone he didn't want to work with at all. It was very funny."

Link to post
Share on other sites

@will81 that's hilarious, I can see Doug doing that. I would love to read the fake pages lol.

 

More playlists of the German uploads from Bundy 1965:

 

!988

 

 

1989 (only 3 episodes)

 

Edited by BoldRestless
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

@will81 that's hilarious, I can see Doug doing that. I would love to read the fake pages lol.

 

More playlists of the German uploads from Bundy 1965:

 

!988

 

 

1989 (only 3 episodes)

 

Great stuff!! I almost forgot about the German 1989 ones! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anybody actively downloading/archiving the clips being uploaded to the Y R YouTube Channel?

 

So far I've been doing it and I've uploaded January and February 2003 to the Vault. Quite a bit of my files have had downloading issues/corruption issues and I've already lost a few of the episodes from March and April and can't re-download them since YouTube has blocked them, rats!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BoldRestless Haha yeah Doug seems like a jokester. 

 

So I have started adding to the tumblr blog. But I started with Sep 82 and am currently up to Jan 83. I have added all the columns from Jon-Michael Reed that I could find and also Lynda Hirsch. As well as recaps from both. Not to worry I will get to the post March stuff very soon, as in tonight or tomorrow.

 

Just be aware if reading Lynda's recaps I am pretty sure they go from Wed-Tue or Thu-Wed. They are definitely not Mon-Fri. However there are some plot points JMR doesn't mention, so they are worth the read.

 

It was a lot tougher finding JMR's columns than I thought it would be. Both Lynda and Jon are syndicated and many papers picked up and dropped their columns without notice. They would often be edited down or merged and sometimes just not appear or they would run columns that were a month old. I did my best to find the most complete and also get them all in the right order. Hopefully this adds to everyones soap knowledge.

 

I can get columns from JMR's first in June 1976 (Lynda started Oct 76) but I might make a 70's themed soap blog for that. As I still have all those 70's soap mags to get scanned too. 

 

Just remember you can click on the year hash tags and put them in chrono order too if you want

 

Anyway enjoy. I will be uploading a bunch over the next few hours until I get to May 83. Then from Mondayish I will probably just do one month per day or something.

 

https://thesoapsofyesterday-blog-blog.tumblr.com

 

ETA: LOL, Just as I get to March 21, 1983 synopsis Tumblr tells me I have reached my post limit for the day. Sorry everyone. Hopefully there is other stuff you can enjoy or just wait 24 hrs. 

Edited by will81
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, will81 said:

@BoldRestless Haha yeah Doug seems like a jokester. 

 

So I have started adding to the tumblr blog. But I started with Sep 82 and am currently up to Jan 83. I have added all the columns from Jon-Michael Reed that I could find and also Lynda Hirsch. As well as recaps from both. Not to worry I will get to the post March stuff very soon, as in tonight or tomorrow.

 

Just be aware if reading Lynda's recaps I am pretty sure they go from Wed-Tue or Thu-Wed. They are definitely not Mon-Fri. However there are some plot points JMR doesn't mention, so they are worth the read.

 

It was a lot tougher finding JMR's columns than I thought it would be. Both Lynda and Jon are syndicated and many papers picked up and dropped their columns without notice. They would often be edited down or merged and sometimes just not appear or they would run columns that were a month old. I did my best to find the most complete and also get them all in the right order. Hopefully this adds to everyones soap knowledge.

 

I can get columns from JMR's first in June 1976 (Lynda started Oct 76) but I might make a 70's themed soap blog for that. As I still have all those 70's soap mags to get scanned too. 

 

Just remember you can click on the year hash tags and put them in chrono order too if you want

 

Anyway enjoy. I will be uploading a bunch over the next few hours until I get to May 83. Then from Mondayish I will probably just do one month per day or something.

 

https://thesoapsofyesterday-blog-blog.tumblr.com

 

ETA: LOL, Just as I get to March 21, 1983 synopsis Tumblr tells me I have reached my post limit for the day. Sorry everyone. Hopefully there is other stuff you can enjoy or just wait 24 hrs. 

Wow! Your blog is a treasure trove! Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all the vintage YR fans here

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Wow! Your blog is a treasure trove! Your efforts are greatly appreciated by all the vintage YR fans here

All good. Glad to share what I have access to, so that we all have it. I am just going to keep it going. Hopefully just get through the entirety of the 70's, 80's and 90's at some point. Not too interested in soaps post 2002, so won't be much from that point on. If I ever find any decent stuff from the 60's I will post that as well in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @will81I look forward to digging into those articles!

 

More from the Y&R Anonymous Angel! Also added to the vault.

 

6/29/89 (different version already in vault)

 

 

6/30/89 partial (full episode already in vault)

 

 

9/5/89

 

 

9/6/89 partial clip

 

 

11/22/89 second half

 

 


11/28/89 partial

 

 

12/29/89 (already shared on New Year's playlist)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy