Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is interesting to see where this story was going before Bell decided to extend it another six months or so. In the summer, Paul seemed to be pretty sure George killed himself to frame him and you can see it was going to wrap up soon. Then we get another six months with Cassie and Adrian.

btw I looked at the icon/avatar and was like did Lauralee Bell start a Y&R youtube channel? lol

• Members

Ah, I didn't know that! I know Bell commented that the story "went on too long", but I assumed he meant it went on too long overall and that he always planned for the Adrian story.

To me, the story is fairly boring in the first part over summer '89, and only really gets interesting once Adrian arrives. Then we get Bermuda, and Cassandra's arrest, and the thrilling last portion leading to up to the "melting-ice-gun" climax!

• Members

No that's correct, Dina comes back in 1991 after 5 years and almost marries John again. She had made up a story that she was recovering from TB or some other illness for the last few years which is why she didn't keep in touch with the family, but Jill found out she spent those years courting all these European lovers, because she was broke!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks for sharing, I had the feeling the interview was going to mention the cult Chopping Mall lol(I think the same folks that did Night of the Comet did Chopping Mall as well). It’s a shame she didn’t mention any of her five soap roles.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Barbara Crampton is a major horror star again these days - and not just cheap schlock, but fairly well-received stuff with some real cred (like You're Next and Channel Zero). She was a guest on Joe Bob Briggs' Last Drive-In, the return of his weekly horror movie double feature on Shudder, last year and did discuss her time on Y&R. She's referenced it often and has nothing against it. She still looks amazing. I'd kill to have her do a guest bit on a good soap, not that any exist atm.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yay!! I’m so excited to start tuning in to the weekly recaps post-March 1983!! It’ll be worth waiting for, especially since 1983-early 1984 is my 2nd favorite era!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

I found this and was wondering if Doug was talking about Brenda Dickson? Steven would have believed it since Jill and Andy were together when Deb Adair was in the role

But Davidson pulled his all-time favorite gag on Steven Ford when he played Andy Richards (1981-87) on the show.

"We had a cast member on the show, who will remain nameless, that nobody liked to work with," explains Davidson. "I typed up four scenes between Steve and this actress and inserted them into his script. When Steve got it, he saw all these mad passionate scenes with someone he didn't want to work with at all. It was very funny."