Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

yep, Nina Arvesen wanted to quit, it was the end of her 3-year contract.

I always wonder if there was something going on BTS that made her leave... as Cassandra was set up for a major story. Within a year, Nina was back on another soap, Santa Barbara, which wasn't doing well at all in the ratings and was soon canceled. So something doesn't add up...

• Members

I've tried to translate the dialogue in that scene.

Cricket is annoyed by Nina's singing. Nina has been listening to the same song all day long. Nina complains that Cricket hasn't been considerate towards her.
Cricket: "It's been over a week since you had that arguement with Rose."
Nina: "I'm sorry, but maybe I need another week to get over it!"
Cricket: "And then what?"
Nina: "I don't know!"
Cricket: "I think you probably just make up excuses so you don't have to contemplate."
Nina: "Maybe I like how it is."
Cricket: "Oh really? Sitting around all day, reading magazines and listening to music?"
Nina: "If you had your way, I should be at school, right?"
Cricket: "It would be great if you did something productive."
Nina: "Please stop patronizing me! It's my life!"
Cricket: "I don't want to regulate you in any way, but you're living in my apartment. I study, I have to learn. How am I supposed to concentrate with all of your singing and dancing and jumping?"
Nina: "Okay, I will no longer get on your nerves, I promise. You just have to give me some more time to calm down. I'm almost there."
Cricket: "Almost where?"
Nina: "Well, I've decided what I want to do with my future. Strangely enough, I have to thank Rose for making that decision."
Cricket stares at Nina in disbelief.

In the second scene, Cricket wants to know what Rose has to do with Nina's future plans.
Nina: "Actually, a lot. I could have also learned this from you, Danny or Philip. But for any strange reason, I first had to meet Rose to figure things out."
Cricket: "Figure out what?"
Nina: "If you want to reach something in life, you have to take a step forward, with everything you have to offer. I mean, it's like that, right?"
Cricket: "Yes. Yes, I think so."
Nina: "Of course you do. How did you become a model? You wanted it and nobody could have stopped you. Or think about Danny and his music ... or Rose. She's living proof for getting what you want. This woman is so nasty. She should pay a high price for how she has treated people. But does she have a guilty conscience? No! And why should she? She has $ 20.000 of Philip's money. And who knows how much she has taken from other people. She probably lives in a palace somewhere. But not because she deserves it. Because she wants it. Because she doesn't care if she hurts people. And she is rich. If this is the whole trick ..."
The phone rings. It's Danny. He invites Cricket and Nina to his rehearsal room. The girls agree to watch him playing with his band.

The third scene has Cricket and Nina watching Danny on stage.

In the fourth scene, Danny introduces Cricket and Nina to Terri.
Terri says: "Oh, you're also a friend of Danny's? Just like Cricket?"
Nina: "No, not exactly like Cricket."

Cricket: "I haven't seen you in a long time, Terri."
Terri tells Cricket that she was in L.A. trying to get Danny a record deal. It took her quite some time. Cricket asks how long she's going to stay.
TerrI: "I don't know yet. It depends on how things work out. We will see."
Nina doesn't look amused.

• Members

Thankyou so so much Bundy1965 for uploading all the German eps including going back and doing 1986 and adding in the German eps that were missing such as Feb 24 and others. Very appreciated. 

This allows me to complete the 1986 cast charts which I will have up soon as well as the remainder of 1987

• Members

I guess this is a good time to say that I finished the 1986 English episodes that I got from the Y&R Anonymous Angel.

Please register in order to view this content

And I'm not even close to done with the stuff they sent me! Some of this we've seen before but it's to have an original broadcast of Jill's shooting (we were missing the first few minutes in English) and the full episodes from the days after (we had a lot of clips but not the episodes)... such an important time in Y&R history to finally fill in!  Plus a full ep from August with Gisele McKenzie as Kay! 

They're also in the vault

2/26/86

3/28/86

4/2/86

5/6/86

5/7/86

5/9/86 

8/12/86

Not sure why the links aren't embedding lol.