Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Oh right, I totally forgot, as I was going to ask here about it. Thanks for that

ETA: I added those and redid the May 87 as I also left off Hugh McPhillips May 1 appearance as well. Just called it May 1987 non contract redux

Edited by will81

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@will81 - if you don't have already have this noted... I am scrolling through the final batch of German eps, and came across the English version of 12/24/87... with the heartwarming scenes of Nathan playing Santa for the shelter children (I may have shed a tear or two...) Anyway - was quite surprised to see Leo/Peter Parros volunteering along with Amy and Nathan at the shelter! I had assumed we had already seen the last of him.

• Members

@BoldRestless - Thank you so much for your continued efforts to upload the German eps to Youtube! The majority of the eps, I can just scroll through and get the gist of what is happening. But there are some where I want to know more about what is said.

Example: 2/2/87 – as I was scrolling through the scenes with Cricket and Nina, I wondered if Nina referenced what happened with Rose and her stolen baby. Watching through the scenes with the Youtube English subtitles gave me a better feel for what those scenes are about.
(though I still don’t get who that lady is at 2/2/87 37:00… Danny says something in the subtitles about “Berlin”… that’s not the singer Terri Nunn of Berlin, is it…?)

Super-excited for you to upload 12/29/87 to YT, as I want to understand more why Ashley changes her mind to marry Steven… even though she feels the “magic” with Victor, not Steven… and also 1/5/88, where she sees Victor one episode before marrying Steven!! What does she say to Victor…??

• Members

Thanks for the Leo sighting, yeah must be one of his last.

The woman Danny is speaking to I think is his agent or manager. I never got a credit for her so I didn't add her to the non contract section, but I think her name was Terri and she had a crush on Danny. I am pretty sure she did appear in Dec 86 as well. If I ever find out who she is I willl add her and redo the cast chart for that month or months

Lol Terry looks like he wants to kill someone for having to do that promo and Brenda looks like she is having the time of her life, haha. Never knew she did one of these promos. I never liked them and when I was younger felt bad for anyone who had to do them, lol

• Members

When Ashley found out she was pregnant she went to tell Victor but overheard Casey telling Victor about Nikki's terminal illness, she didn't want to split up that family with Nikki dying. She decided not to be a single mother and didn't want to raise the baby with another man (Matt offered) and had an abortion. Matt told Victor but he was too late to stop her. He confronts her in November 1986, we don't have those episodes but the scenes are part of the clips from 1986 in the vault.

Ashley didn't tell him why she had the abortion and subsequent breakdown until May 87 when she went to the ranch and they had that big talk just as Nikki found out she was in remission and saw them together and decided to continue faking her illness, assuming once she told Victor he would go back to Ashley.