Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is very strange. Every time I ask for the link to the vault, a kind member gives it to me, but it ONLY WORKS for me ONE TIME. When I try to enter the vault again later, I get a notice saying no such page exists, or that I am denied access without a password. I'm so confused!!! 

• Members

Hmmm, I have never thought about opening an incognito page, but actually, it makes sense. I'd still like to figure out why links to the vault work only one time for me. An unsolved mystery, I guess! Anyway, I will try my best to decipher whether or not the vids I have match or do NOT match the ones saved in the vault. I've shared a lot of my stuff with other traders over the years, and other wonderful people have shared with me/all of us too, so the soap community is a godsend!!!

Thanks!

• Members

Love that the German eps have the music performances in English!  3/27/87 has Danny and Lauren reuniting to sing "Higher Love". Yikes, if Steve Winwood saw this, he must have been grimacing. Somehow not matter how ear-splitting and out-of-harmony these performances are, I still love seeing them out of nostalgia, if nothing else.

TEB looks straight-up uncomfortable, and she has said in interviews that singing was never her comfort zone.

And poor LLB like always, is relegated to standing offstage, grinning and making googly-eyes.

• Members

I had a look at the wonderful 1987 episodes we got in the vault. 

For the 1st four months, 4 actors were taken off contrat: William Wintersole (Feb/March 1987), Colby Chester (May 1987), Beth Maitland (June 4th 1987), Brenda Dickson (June 24th 1987). @will81 have you listed last airdates for Wintersole and Chester ?

3 actors were added in the contract cast: Rod Arrants (Jan 1987), Todd Curtis (he was not listed with contract at first, was he recurring ? April 1987 I think) and Jess Walton (June 25th 1987).

• Members

Seems like the show got rid of Colby Chester because they were gearing up for a big summer "quad" with Tim, Traci, Brad and Jill.  Tim kisses Traci in April and Jill kisses Brad on June 16, in one of Brenda D's last eps.

But by the end of June, Beth M has quit (leading the show, I assume, to let Scott Palmer go) and Brenda Dickson is fired. I'm guessing the writers then had to kill that whole story. I don't remember a romantic story with Jill and Brad once Jess W took over.

• Members

The German uploader is Bundy1965 from YouTube (they had once posted a lot of B&B German eps that were deleted). She reads this thread and is seeing all your comments.

Please register in order to view this content

She's so fast, up to July now! I intend to add more on YouTube but can't keep up haha. She said she's using the list of preemptions from @YRfan23for the dates, so that should make them pretty accurate! Also she said do not go by the German credits, they just re-use the same credits in many episodes, for both Y&R and B&B.  Thanks again Bundy.  

• Members

No words can describe how grateful we are to Bundy1965! 

Please register in order to view this content

so it looks like we got a partial English episode of July 2, 1987 instead of the German one. I think that should have been Quinn Redekers/ Rex’s first episode but he’s not in the partial clip. He does appear on 7/6/87 so 7/2/87 sounds correct.

• Members

I do have an article stating his first airdate was to be July 6 and it is mentioned in Nancy Reichardt's synopsis for week of July 6. So I think July 6 was his first airdate. Wait okay I also have one stating July 2, lol so confusing

Not yet, but will, I am polishing up summer 86 and currently working on April 87. William Wintersole was still in the cast credits for Mar but his last appearance was Feb 5, 1987 (on contract) I think Colby's last airdate is when he and Jill are arguing about the previous night at Gina's when Jill is hung over. That was May 5, 1987

Thankyou Bundy1965. It is so great to have these episodes. Very much appreciated. Thanks for the tip about the credits. I guess the only thing that affects is the writer/director credits as I look through the episodes to make sure for accuracy. Some non-contract players only get listed once and not always in the episode they are in, so I usually still need to go through the ep to make sure.

Edited by will81

• Members

It feels like that is why they moved Brad to Lauren. I think they knew Beth was leaving and maybe it was to be Jill/Brad/Lauren, but Brenda's departure squashed that. You can see Jill giving Lauren the side eye at the men's line launch, haha. Yeah Jess and Don had no real romantic story as far as I remember and the chemistry wasn't quite there. I think also Jess doesn't play Jill's sexual side as much, except where needed. Brenda was always slinking around like a Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Jess has a bit more of a harder energy or more masculine at times. 

Beth's last airdate was June 4, so she left late May and I assume she gave the show decent notice. (the show taped 2 weeks ahead when it went to an hour, except toward the end of the year when they would work an extra day each week to build up 2 extra weeks for the holidays as per Jess Walton who responded to a fan question in 1993. Though I guess with all the pre-emptions in 87 they didn't need to bother) Also Bell stated he wrote anywhere from 5 - 7 weeks ahead per an interview in 1985.