Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Part of Carol’s magic was CT’s fabulous chemistry with TL’s Jack. Once PB took over, Jack and Carol were as strangers...

Nonetheless, CT was a major talent who showed us her acting chops during the Nan story.  She was worthy of continuing leading-lady stories and I’m still mad at the show for letting Carol just fade away.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@BoldRestless  Sorry don't have that one. I know May 16 and 19 have been uploaded, not sure if that helps for what you need

Not related to this, but wanted to add. I didn't realise Derek Thompson (Leo Baines) left the show. I knew another actor (Peter Parros) was in the Sep 15, 1986 episode that has been uploaded, but assumed this was a sub. I think Derek started sometime in 1981, I have a cast list from 1981 that has him listed and I guess his last appearance (according to IMDB) was Sep 11, 1986 with Parros taking over the next day.

Does anyone know or have any idea roughly when Leo last appeared?

Edited by will81

• Members

Thankyou so much for all the uploads

Here is the french synopsis for May 17. I assume this is correct

"In order to get Paul out of Prison, Cassandra agrees to pay a million dollar deposit"

May 18

Jack refuses to let Jill attend the shareholders' meeting. Brad wonders if he still has hope with Traci. Leanna talks to a lawyer about Victor Newman's check

Not sure if this helps

• Members

I forgot Parros was on Y&R, was that his first soap role? I wonder if he was cast for being on Knight Rider at that time? My Y&R anniversary book says 1986-87 for Parros tenure but as previously discussed the cast listings in the book often very inaccurate so he may have left earlier.

• Members

@will81 thanks

@yrfan1983Not sure we'll truly get an exact date because of Iran-Contra preemptions during that period. The German poster may be dating the episodes off a calendar. They probably don't have 100% certainty of when each episode aired in the US, but at least we could probably get an accurate episode number.

Update on 1999: Some are reuploads (I haven't deleted yet but marked as v2). The good news is there are a good amount of new episodes, especially February and December. @Vizion  if you are in touch with Nikki please thank her profusely. Hopefully she's got more.

If anyone can date Miscellaneous (3) and episodes (28) - (33), go for it. I got tired lol.

• Members

Just watched 1/7/88 and Cricket comments that she spent Christmas with cousin Joe... was that a return John Denos appearance the week of Christmas '87? Or just a throwaway comment... can't tell...

Also on 1/7/88, Gina and Danny are in Gina's office, and she calls down to an off-screen "Nick" to ask for a pot of coffee... maybe since she is asking "Nick" for coffee instead of Leo, this implies that Leo is no longer around.

That's right! I was a teen in summer '87 and definitely recall the soaps getting interrupted circa July timeframe... (my exact memory is Anne Heche's debut, sipping champagne in a bathtub on Another World, and having to wait awhile for the next ep)

I just remembered Jason47's very detailed Days website and thought that would be a good cross-reference for which dates were pre-empted...http://www.jason47.com/days/preemptions.html... but interestingly he doesn't list any Days pre-empted dates in July other than July 3 for Wimbledon.  I think in some cities, Days aired later in the day, like 3pm, vs YR which aired around 11 or 12, so maybe Days wasn't pre-empted as it aired after each day's Iran-Contra hearing.

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

I took Cricket's comment as a reference to an offscreen holiday celebration. I did notice a bit of a continuity glitch regarding Cricket and Joe.  She told her mother that after her grandmother died, and they tried living together, she ended up moving in with Joe and learned what family was like... but when Cricket made her first appearances in 1986, she was supposed to be on a school vacation and Joe was asking her all about her life. It certainly didn't seem like she lived with him.

There's good information posted here in the ATWT Episode List thread about Iran-Contra: 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Thanks...wow, looks like most of the month of July was pre-empted...? This actually matches up with the SOD recaps, which I was recently reading... the recap in the 8/25/87 issue (recapping late July eps) is repeated in the 9/8/87 recap... I was wondering why, now it makes more sense.

• Members

The ones I have for Iran/Contra for Y&R were July 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 22, 23, 24. @YRfan23 Is usually better with this stuff.

ETA: A newspaper clip reported Quinn Redeker started as Rex July 6. So his first ep should be the only one for that week.

Unrelated, but I remember someone saying Brett Porter filled in for Terry Lester in late 86. Though I could only find the Mar 87 sub at the time, he did in fact also sub Dec 8, 9, 10 & 12. You actually see him for a split second in the dec vault upload clips. 

Edited by will81

• Members

Oh I have been. Here are the ones from January 2 - 30 1987 in alphabetical order

ON CONTRACT

Dr. Steven Lassiter (Rod Arrants) 6 (Debut Jan 6, 1987)

Cricket Blair (Lauralee Bell) 12

Phillip Chancellor Foster (Thom Bierdz) 17

Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) 8

Lauren Fenmore Williams (Tracey E. Bregman) 14

Faren Connor Richards (Colleen Casey) 10

Nina Webster (Tricia Cast) 12

Michael Crawford (Colby Chester) 10

Katherine Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) 13

Danny Romalotti (Michael Damian) 11

Paul Williams (Doug Davidson) 5

Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) 12

Brad Carlton (Don Diamont) 6

Jill Foster Abbott (Brenda Dickson) 11

John Abbott (Jerry Douglas) 5

Andy Richards (Steven Ford) 11

JoAnna Manning (Susan Seaforth Hayes) 7

Ellen Winters (Jennifer Karr) 6

Jack Abbott (Terry Lester) 10

Traci Abbott Carlton (Beth Maitland) 8

Tim Sullivan (Scott Palmer) 3

Matthew Newman (Robert Parucha) 6

Mamie Johnson (Marguerite Ray) 5

Nikki Reed Newman (Melody Thomas Scott) 9

Evan Sanderson (John Shearin) 14

Carol Robbins (Christopher Templeton) 3

Amy Lewis (Stephanie Williams) 4

Mitchell Sherman (William Wintersole) 10

NON-CONTRACT (These only include actors whose character and actor info I had, since we have no credits list a few roles are missing)

Rose DeVille (Darlene Conley) 13 (Could have been on contract, but can't confirm as no credits list for this period)

Ruth (Michelle Davison) 7

Joe Blair (John Denos) 5

Ron Clark (Dennis Haysbert) 3

Miss Porter (Laura James) 5

Stephanie (Dana Kimmel) 6

Dr. Casey Reed (Roberta Leighton) 1

Esther Valentine (Kate Linder) 7

Janet (Maureen McConnell) 3

Victoria Newman (Ashley N. Milan) 3

Miguel Rodriguez (Anthony Pena) 4

Julie (Melinda Peterson) 7

Vince Holliday (Alex Rebar) 12 (Could have been on contract)

Gina Roma (Patty Weaver) 1

Wanda (Meg Wylie) 7

Here it is in chart form (Just the contract players) If you prefer the chart one I can share the others as well in better quality

I also have been keeping track of 1986 and writers/directors as well. Happy to share all that if you want.

Edited by will81