• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks @will81 for putting such effort ! A few questions about 1986 :

- Were Amy O'Neill and Lee Nicholl on contract ? There were very short term. I don't remember having seen credits with them on.

- Do you think that Carolyn Conwell's last contract airdate was July 7th ? From was I have gathered, she went recurring in 1986 and only came back to contract during 1998-2003.

- About Nathan Purdee, you list them as recurring beginning in July. Is it how he was credited? I'm surprised he was taken off contract at the same time as St. Elwood and Morris. Talk about a black purge ! I think Purdee was off after the summer and only came back a year later.

• Members

Amy was on contract for sure. Her name is always with the contract players from her first appearance. Lee was on contract but only for the wrap up of Who Shot Jill, so Aug - Oct 86. However IMDB has cast credits from Sep - Dec 12th and they seem pretty accurate except Doug Davidson and Kate Linder have been listed on every single episode, they are the only ones this happens to, so I couldn't do those charts without making definite errors.

Yes Carolyn most likely last aired as a contract player in Jul 86 until around 98. I have been collecting all the available cast credits from 89 - 93 based on episodes we have, while I can't do cast charts, at least it gives an idea of who was on contract and who wasn't. Plus when certain changes were made (roughly) I can post those as well at some point in the future. I looked at the 89-90 period when Mary was appearing a lot due to the Cassandra Rawlins story and Carolyn was still non-contract. Her appearances only get more scant after this. So I assume 86 was her last on contract period until 98ish

Nathan is a bit tricky. If you look at June you should see him twice. On contract to June 6 and off from Jun 12. The last on contract credits we have for Nathan are from Jun 3 and his next appearance was Jun 6. Then we get credits again on Jun 10 and he is non contract. His next appearance was Jun 12. I assumed he was still on contract Jun 6. Nathan disappears around the time of Danny's concert but returns once in Oct and once in Nov (possibly he appears in Dec but don't have all those episodes) He returns May 6, 1987 and is off contract at this point.

Also two other bits of trivia - Esther is never referred to as Esther Valentine in the credits until April 29, 1987. Nathan is still referred to as Kong in 1986 and I am not sure why. I remember an episode where he insists on being called Nathan, so why they listed him as Kong in 1986 is a mystery to me. Maybe just error on the part of whoever did the credits I guess. ETA: I checked actually the change it from February, last Kong reference is Feb 10, 1986. Not as bad as I remember

Traci Abbott is immediately changed to Traci Abbott Carlton from Jun 25 which is the next credits list we get after Brad and Traci marry, but since it was so near the end of the month I changed it for July.

Edited by will81

• Members

Confirmed that Nathan was on the Dec '86 New Year Eve's ep (don't know exact date) - he can be seen in clip 124 in the Vault during Gina's NYE party.

In the SOD recap, his absence from Jan-Apr '87 is explained... Amy is sad because she hasn't heard from Nathan, only to find out that had gone off the grid to study for his diploma (which is a nice idea in theory to surprise her, but probably better if he had just told her what was going on...)

• Members

I checked IMDB for the available episodes and Nathan does appear Dec 2,3,4 1986 but whether or not these are absolutely correct I have no idea. Again only Doug and Kate are incorrect for sure. So Nathan had at least 4 episodes in Dec with the NYE one

• Members

Well, now that person on archive has uploaded May 18, 1989! Much better quality than the one I posted. Yes, I refreshed the archive page multiple times today lol... oh, how awesome would it be if they had the rest of the month in English!

https://archive.org/details/youngandtherestless19890518

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

FYI re: the exact airdates of the German '87 eps... I noticed for the ep "Nikki sees Victor and Ashley", the English version in the Vault was dated 5/28... but the German version is dated 5/27.

I don't know which date is correct...?

But when we reach June 16, when Phillip is arrested for drunk driving, the English version in the Vault and the German version are both dated June 16 so we're back in sync date-wise by this point.