Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Kristoff, Shemar, Tanya and Victoria definitely did a lot with any opportunities for different types of friendships or relationships. I always wish they'd had more chances. 

The slow marginalization and finally full degradation of Nathan through the two different eras of the show is sad to see. 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks as always! Does anyone remember... I think the ep right after this one was on YT a few years back? In this Aug 2 clip, Lindsey references making dinner for Jack. In the ep I saw, Lindsey was cooking filet mignon or something like that, at her apartment, for Jack. There were also scenes with Ashley and Julia... Julia asked for a leave of absence so she could give birth in Paris. Ashley said no because there was too much work for Julia at Jabot Genoa City (Secretly Julia didn't want anyone to find out that Eric was the baby's father)

Is this ep floating around anywhere?

• Members

Not sure if it was an ep or a partial ep or just a clip, I know the one you are talking about. I do have a 10min clip with Melinda Fee as Jill when she stops Jack as he is heading to Lindsey's for dinner after he talked with Diane about their relationship. I think that was from July 26 1984 so assume it was either part of that ep or the next one. I can't find it though. I will check to see if I have it. The scene might also be part of the vault clips as well.

So I went back and did some changes to my Y&R cast charts for 1986. I changed it so it shows episode leaders and I also added writers and directors. 

Jan 86 is a bit of a mess as we don't have all the eps and there was possibly a pre-emption on Jan 31, 1986. The show was pre-empted for certain on the East Coast, but was scheduled to air in other timezones. Whether or not it was pre-empted at the last minute I have no idea, but I have decided to go with it. Plus Jon-Michael Reed repeats synopsis for what would have been the Jan 31 episode (about Casey and Matt having a date) the following week.

In terms of non contract I only include those that are credited, unless they have been credited previously. If I don't have a character and actor name, I simply don't include them. 

All you have to do is click on the pic and a much larger and better quality image will pop up for you to save if you want. So far here are Jan - May 1986. Will continue to post as I get the others polished up

ETA: Also I did not count the Fantasy sequence in Feb towards those actors tally's unless they appeared in the episode proper and did not include Eric's appearance as Victor in the FBO (Flash Back Only) 

Please register in order to view this content

Feb 1986

Mar 86

Apr 86

And last for now May 86

Edited by will81

• Members

I really enjoyed the layers of subtext in many of those two person scenes in the December 1985 episode.

Jack and John, with Jack trying to fish for information under a layer of guilt, while appearing to be as cool as a cucumber.

Oh what could have been between John and Johanna. And the tease of the possibility of a reconciliation between Dina and John.

The subtext and subtle digs, verbal offense and defense between Nikki and Ashley, that starts out with subtle until it bursts into the open when Nikki decides to 'take the gloves off' and Ashley's steely veneer dissolves once Nikki has left her office.

I also love the twist of Esther playing the "Devious Maid" in that tiny bit of reversal. Too often, the writing relied on making Esther into a dingbat but I much prefer her as a somewhat cunning figure, trying to look out for her own interests.

The scenes between Casey and Brock were well done, light-hearted at the outset but eventually went into deeper concerns. I couldn't help but think of what a shame it is to have neither character on the canvas now. It was always nice to see Brock come for visits, here and there. There are times that Nikki has clearly needef her sister-- the MS story might have had more depth with Casey around, although I shudder to think of other possible ways that Casey might have been used in Newman storylines.  MAB or Mal might have orchestrated an affair between Casey and Victor while Nikki battled MS, ugh! 

And in this episode, signs of a growing bond between Traci and Brad.

This is kinda the beginnings of the 'corporatization' of the Y&R canvas, isn't it? With a greater emphasis on the wealthy and the well-heeled of Genoa City, and the strivers (Brad) trying to get in and (Jill) others trying to cement their place.

Speaking of Jill, I giggled a little at Jill literally ball dressed up with no place to go, wearing sparkles and spangles as she sits around in her hotel suite.

• Members

Lol, I especially love how Ashley tries to turn the tables on Nikki first "Jack is your biggest fan" "Why didn't he go to Rio with you?" haha. I see you Ashley.

Yes Jack asking all those leading questions without wanting raise suspicion and also how Bell and Terry did not try to make it obvious as to what he was doing. You had to watch the show and know what was going on to appreciate what was happening there. Bell uses the scene between Jack and Kay to fill in anyone not familiar with the back story.

I too wish Esther had been a little more of a schemer, just here and there

I think the Stevens and Williams famalies were the last of the blue collar types. By 1986 Patty was gone and Carl was mostly off contract and popping in only when needed. Mary would soon be the same. So yeah 1986 was the beginning of the rich and powerful and corporate Y&R for sure and I think by 88 and 89 that was well established. Pretty sure 87-88 was when we first saw Victor at Newman Ent., or at least on a regular basis and Paul moved on up to his more plush office space as well. We also got more Lauren at Fenmore from 87 as well. 

Oh fantastic glad you like them. Will get the others done soon

• Members

I am curious. Perhaps someone knows for sure.

How many complete episodes of Y&R from the 1970s are out there now among fans? I want to make sure, since rare material comes and goes in the blink of an eye.

Are there 13?

-March 26, 1973 (#1)

-March 27, 1973 (#2)

-January 21, 1974 (#205)

-March 24, 1975

-July 1975

-Three episodes from sometime in August, 1975

-August 22, 1975

-December 3, 1975

-October, 1976 (#930)

-March 3, 1978

-June 19, 1978

I know there are also some compilation videos and individual scenes floating around.

Am I missing anything? 

• Members

There are 13, though the dates I have are different for some of those

Mar 26, 1973

Mar 27, 1973

Jan 28, 1974 (Though taped Jan 21)

May 00, 1975 (based on synopsis)

Aug 22, 1975

Sep 2, 1975

Sep 10, 1975

Sep 25, 1975

Sep 26, 1975 (Most likely Bill Espy's last episode)

Dec 3, 1975

Nov 29, 1976

Mar 3, 1978

Jun 19, 1978