Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No worries. I just tried to upload a few to a new thread and it wouldn't let me. They are jpg files. Does anyone know how to contact admin and ask if there is some way to fix this. I don't want to put them in the vault as they are all soaps and not just Y&R, but if there is no fix I might just have to do that.

• Members

I knew I had remembered correctly about the pictures scene. I sooo wish we could find it. Somebody must have it somewhere I’m sure. 

Yes!! I remember seeing Phillip’s death scene too on that site! It’s so weird how it seems like the episodes surrounding his death in English just don’t seem to exist at all. I know they do, but they just don’t seem to turn up. I’m sure they will sometime, I hope. 

Damn, I so wish I would’ve thought logically back then and downloaded that stuff. But I was so wrapped up in watching it in the moment that it didn’t even cross my mind that it could be gone someday!

Ugh, that’s such a shame they were taken down.

Please register in order to view this content

Maybe someday there will be another Anonymous Angel who will upload those lost episodes/scenes! I'm still waiting for the Angel that starts uploading episodes from January 1983-March 1984 (right before Jeanne's facelift)

Edited by ltm1997

• Members

So I have decided to start a tumblr. I am going to upload all of Jon-Michael Reed's columns and recaps, as well as Lynda Hirsch and anything else soap related I come across. Also any scans I eventually get done of the 70's soap magazines will go there too as well as (I hope, lol) the remaining SOD 90's mags that I have. I figured it is easier than opening several threads here. I put together a very basic one that I might redesign as I go along. Here is the link https://thesoapsofyesterday-blog-blog.tumblr.com

Give me a few days to start uploading stuff, I will probably just send a message once I have started putting things up, but it will be slow. Very slow, haha

So happy to get more 1988. So awesome, thankyou

• Members

It's so frustrating to see Amy go. I love Olivia, but having Dru be a long lost sister to Amy that the family never talked about and utilizing the already long history of Amy and Nathan, not to mention Frank Lewis, would have been so awesome. We saw Loretta so little that the same tension between Dru and Loretta could have been used. I guess that would have left Mamie out in the cold though, although the show retconned relationships all the time. So I guess Bell could have still had Mamie be Amy and Dru's aunt and the show could have gotten away with it.

Then again having Dru and Olivia and keeping Amy as well was still a great option too.

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks for sharing!!! Just a few thoughts:

—This was Amy’s ‘88 exit? I am glad she at least got something as opposed to just disappearing and of course we got her brief 1990 return. Oddly enough 16 years later in 2004 Lynne was given a similar exit as she had leave to help her mother in Ohio or something.

- I have seen glimpses of it before but ED’s brunette hair just looks unnatural on her. In fact the hair is so straightened for the late 80s I’m trying to tell if she was actually wearing a wig or not.

- How much longer was Marc on the show? His 87-88 return always struck me as odd and from what I can tell it was much ado about nothing about Marc and Joanna’s affair as both SSH and Frank M. Bernard are only three years apart in age. Marc was basically a Dynasty reject on Daytime instead.

-The shots of Cassandra that Paul fantasizes about are basically a prelude to how Cassandra and Brittany Norman will later appear in the opening credits of 1988-91

• Members

Hahaha. Yeah, Marc was way too Dynasty. That was fine for 1983, 1984 when Dynasty was at the height of it's popularity, but by 1987, 1988 Dynasty was way past it's prime.

Another late to the party Dynasty element Y&R used: Victor moving from the ranch to a luxury penthouse that was more befitting of a foreign diva. I see what you did there Ed Scott 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

LOL. This is the part where I wish the show had actually kept Dina on longer than they originally did and have her become

more of a vibrant long term character instead of popping up every few years after spending lots of time in spas with younger men or whatever the excuse was. I have read the show almost brought on Marc’s kid sister Danielle Mergeron (think Cricket’s age I guess, maybe even as old as Lauren/Traci) can’t even imagine how that would’ve gone down had they done so.

As far as penthouses go lol I hadn’t even thought about that but then again Dallas

also gave April a glamorous penthouse as well around the same time too. 

• Members

Nice interview with Barbara Crampton. She looks great! Glad to see she is back working on film horror projects

https://www.cbr.com/interview-sacrifice-barbara-crampton-cults-lovecraftian-nostalgia/

However, I get a little annoyed in interviews like this is that neither she nor the interviewer make any mention of her noteworthy 10-year soap career. In fact in this interview she is called an “80/90s pop culture icon” so wouldn’t being a well-known soap opera star be part of that...?