Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

This is awesome i always tried to figure out when exsctly lucas disappeared because there was no send off but i guess aroubd this time is when he was gone forever, i thought i read that he left town with andys wife karen and thst could have been a nice little storyline for abit but they never explored all the characters together like that

I eben read a episode from late 1981 where lucas and andy had an interaction i thought that was random old meeting new 

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess Lorie and Leslie just had a THING for boys with holes in their chins who were tied to a mean old lady's apron strings lol.

Seriously, I guess it's what Lance did for them when they were vulnerable.  He helped Leslie get over Brad, and he helped Lorie get over Brother Mark.  But he'd accomplished that in what -- 1976? -- and they were still collectively swooning over him five years later.   As was his wretched old mother.    

• Members

If  you all remember, a few weeks ago @VanessaReardon mentioned having some old tapes... unfortunately, this turned out to be only half an episode, but it's pretty fun... we've got hee-haw Cricket, a clip of an actual Madonna song, a Rose DeVille scene, catatonic Ashley and what I presume is her first meeting with Dr. Steven Lassiter, and the drama of Kay/Jill's custody trial for Phillip (I think the scenes after this used to be online as well). Good stuff!

BTW, if anyone else wants me to convert their tapes, I'm happy to do it, especially now that my equipment is set up. Just drop me a PM.

January 6, 1987 (second half)

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

@BoldRestless Thanks so much for posting. I have seen scenes of the beginning of Phillip's testimony, I guess either from this episode or the previous day. Also we can now confirm Joe Blair was there until 1987. Skip seemed to have turned up shortly after this though, as there are clips from around March 87 with Jill, Nina and Cricket in the studio with Skip. 

That hospital orderly has what sounds like a Bostonian accent, I am Australian so don't know US accents that well, but reminds me of some of the barfly's and Cliff on Cheers, haha. Interesting to hear, as it is rare to hear different accents on soaps from extras.

Lol, Cricket, I just can't. Pretty cool to hear a Madonna track, she so rarely allowed her music to be played anywhere. Considering she was a WB/Sire artist and this is Columbia/Sony. 

My dream is to come upon some garage sale with a bunch of Y&R VHS tapes, so far nothing. So this is still a cool find. Thanks again for sharing

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks for the clip!   Phillip's court hearing was one of my favorite stories of that time period, because it brought back all the animosity between Kay and Jill, plus involved having lawyers "distort" the facts of their misdeeds, to make them both sound even worse than they really were.  And say what you will about Thom Bierdz, but he had the Little Lost Boy role down to a science.   

Cricket, though --- good Lord, it's even worse than I remembered. 

• Members

Jill seemed more concerned with having Phillip stay in the court room and hear her testimony so he could finally hate Kay, the smugness was more about that. I do think Jill loved Phillip, but probably didn't want to deal with what he was saying and focused more on her hatred for Katherine. I did notice some reaction to Phillip, but it was overshadowed by her desire for revenge.

• Members

Yeah, I think Jill loved Phillip (in her own selfish way), but as Phillip pointed out in his testimony ("she abandoned me YEARS ago!"), he was often merely an inconvenience to her, and she was more than happy to ship him away -- out-of-sight, out-of-mind.   It was only Kay's interest in Phillip that re-energized Jill's own interest in him, as she didn't want to lose her son to Kay Chancellor in the same manner as she lost her husband to Kay Chancellor.   And Jill was definitely smug in this episode, knowing that Kay was about to be exposed as the wicked old witch who stripped him of his name and his inheritance when he was an infant.   I think that's the fundamental key to Jill's behavior --- her love for her son always took a backseat to her hatred for Kay Chancellor. 

Somebody mentioned Joe Blair, and how long he was around.   I believe these were some of his last scenes.   "Capitol" went off the air in March of 1987, and soon afterwards, Todd Curtis(?) who'd played Jordy Clegg on "Capitol" was moved to Y&R as photographer Skip Evans.    

• Members

Lol, I get the feeling she was more worried about it aging her

Yeah Skip is first mentioned in the synopsis for Mar 23 - 27 the week after Capitol went off the air, so I guess he jumped right into Y&R. He hires Nina.

Edited by will81