Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That would be good for ratings if the brooks girls all came to town and had reunions with people they havent seen in decades, also there is still a few people on canvas that would know them

As long as there is a few people on canvas that the brooks know they can possibly mix in with the new group. Atleast there is still paul victor nikki jill esther jack ashley n traci thsts more then enough for them to come back to

• Members

Here are some spoiler listed below for anyone interested in learning right now where this storyline may be headed.

Please register in order to view this content

I also posted this information in the Fall Preview spoilers thread and will try and post more information about it there whenever it becomes available.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Thank you very much for the recap. You explained that perfectly.

I suppose this finally gives viewers definitive proof that Stuart Brooks is dead. If he were still alive, Traci or Jack would have contacted Stuart directly instead of going through his daughters. When Robert Colbert was let go in 1983, his character simply disappeared without explanation. (Shades of Tommy Horton and Carl Williams.) As time went on, message-board fans and websites like SoapCentral started to refer to him as dead since the Brooks girls did not mention Stuart when the family returned to Genoa City for the Newman wedding in 1984, his former wife Liz Foster did not mention him whenever she would pop up in town, and since Stuart was not mentioned when Liz herself died.

If ((the spoilers)) are true, the storyline will be very disappointing if NONE of the Brooks sisters make an appearance. Lorie, who loved Stuart fiercely and who was crushed to discover that he was not actually her biological father, would be a good choice to weave into this plot. 

This might just entice me to watch the show again. UGH! LOL!

ARGH, I shouldn't comment on spoilers which were deliberately hidden, so I will refrain from doing so until the information contained in the spoilers is general knowledge.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

True, but why would TPTB bother to take that approach? If Stuart were alive, they should be bringing HIM back for this story more than anyone else. Stuart would be 91 by now, so alas, chances are the show will ultimately confirm on-air that he has passed away. (Although Robert Colbert is still with us at 88 year old, and Bill Hayes is still active on DAYS, so....)

In my heart, I would love, love, love to see Stuart and all four of his daughters come back to Genoa City to meet their new family member.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Right. I've mentioned before here on SON, about how many important soap opera characters have suddenly just ceased to exist; disappeared from the canvas never to be seen or heard of again. It's very disheartening for longtime fans who were emotionally invested in those characters.

• Members

I really want to know what the writers are thinking or did they just forget? And that would make no sense because how do you skip the obvious. Im still trying to figure out when stuart actually last appeared i think i read it was sometime in October of 1983 but not sure 

And the article i read of him last appearing apparently thats the same week dina first came back, wouldnt that be interesting if they had crossed paths before he was gone forever. It would have definitely made this new storyline there making of them way more believable