DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

5 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

yes!!! :D  So much more goodness to watch! 

I took a sneak peek... 11/9 is the “Guam” episode! I have never forgotten from the original airing how funny it sounded every time Jess W said the word “Guam”. In a recent interview, she mentioned these scenes as one of her faves

4 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

I took a sneak peek... 11/9 is the “Guam” episode! I have never forgotten from the original airing how funny it sounded every time Jess W said the word “Guam”. In a recent interview, she mentioned these scenes as one of her faves

Yes it is!! :D  I never thought we would see that episode so soon!! what a gem!! I remember I first saw that exact scene when they had Jess talk about it for the show's 40th anniversary. 

So, I haven't watched yet ((but looking forward to it). I always check videos for cast credits. I learned some new information .  Evan Sanderson's  friend Janet  was portrayed by two actresses. Maureen McDonnell and Catherine MacNeal. Not only was MacNeal on contract,  but Janet had a last name, Piersall.  MacNeal is known to Days viewers as DA Pat Hamilton through most of the 1990s.  I always love when these videos fill in blanks from long ago!    Thanks so much to everyone that shares videos from yester-year!!!!!!

Edited by slick jones

2 hours ago, slick jones said:

So, I haven't watched yet ((but looking forward to it). I always check videos for cast credits. I learned some new information .  Evan Sanderson's  friend Janet  was portrayed by two actresses. Maureen McDonnell and Catherine MacNeal. Not only was MacNeal on contract,  but Janet had a last name, Piersall.  MacNeal is known to Days viewers as DA Pat Hamilton through most of the 1990s.  I always love when these videos fill in blanks from long ago!    Thanks so much to everyone that shares videos from yester-year!!!!!!

Same ! I am all for cast credits ! I didn’t know Janet was on contract, neither that there were two actresses.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, ironlion said:

I commented on one of firehawk's videos that they should disguise the video titles. At least a few of his videos are already up on archive.org. Would hate to see a repeat of that Brandon channel where all the 98-01 videos got deleted.

Which videos are his on archive.org

Some of the 1998 videos he posted, I saw on archive.org before his channel launched such as the two October episodes where Sharon's arm was broken.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:00 PM, yrfan1983 said:

On 11/10/2019 at 10:06 PM, YRfan23 said:

Yes it is!! :D  I never thought we would see that episode so soon!! what a gem!! I remember I first saw that exact scene when they had Jess talk about it for the show's 40th anniversary. 

I thought those scenes between the two were hysterical as well! I have to say, I enjoyed Jess' portrayal of Jill from 1987 and 1987 ONLY. After that, I don't enjoy it at all. I mean, don't get me wrong, the TRUE and ONLY Jill for me will forever be BD from her '73-'80 run. But there was something different about Jess during '87 when she first got the role....she seemed to play it the way the role needed to be played and added nothing that would ruin it.

Edited by ltm1997

Preview of Peter Bergman's 30th Anniversary Special set to air Monday, 11/25 (but I guess really on Tuesday due to the preemption last week).  

I guess I couldn't possibly have expected any Terry Lester clips since this is an anniversary for Peter, not Jack.  I assume they will avoid any Ashleys besides Eileen too.

The only moment I've ever enjoyed with Bergman's Jack was when he threw the chair out the window.

Edited by Khan

Tom Selleck probably didn't say anything here he hasn't said before, but it's interesting to see him with Ted Danson as they're both asked about their soap experience. It starts around 7 minutes. (Ted doesn't say much)

2 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Tom Selleck probably didn't say anything here he hasn't said before, but it's interesting to see him with Ted Danson as they're both asked about their soap experience. It starts around 7 minutes. (Ted doesn't say much)

Thanks!  He really looks like Eric Braeden here. I thought his role (Jed Andrews?) was a major role?  

10 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Wow, Sherlock Holmes has nothing on you! 😀👌

haha! if only "hunting for new soap vids" can earn me a living! :D 

the reason I called it the "mysterious #1120" btw, is because before this person just uploaded a picture of the tape spine label that had all that stuff on it , and for some reason it didn't seem like he was going to transfer in online, but luckily now he did! LOL