DRW50

Y&R: Old Articles

2 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

guess what @BoldRestless the mysterious #1120 tape has surfaced! :D 

aka: New July 1992 dates for Y&R/B&B etc.. :D 

https://archive.org/details/SmokesVHSTape1120/Tape+1120+Disc+1.ISO

So cool: B&B has two episodes -> both in the "Disc 2" segment, the closing credits of the second episode can be fond in the beginning of Disc 3... :)

Super awesome - Summer 1992 is rarely found online so far.

32 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

So cool: B&B has two episodes -> both in the "Disc 2" segment, the closing credits of the second episode can be fond in the beginning of Disc 3... :)

Super awesome - Summer 1992 is rarely found online so far.

Yes! it's always great when these rare gems decide to pop up!  :D It's too bad 7/22/92 Y&R wasn't included but a double feature of 92 B&B is always great! 

3 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Thanks!  He really looks like Eric Braeden here. I thought his role (Jed Andrews?) was a major role?  

Bill Bell made a BIG mistake not signing Selleck to a contact.  HUGE.

12 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Yes! it's always great when these rare gems decide to pop up!  :D It's too bad 7/22/92 Y&R wasn't included but a double feature of 92 B&B is always great! 

Still have to double check but it seems like this is #1336 and #1337 of B&B

17 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

guess what @BoldRestless the mysterious #1120 tape has surfaced! :D 

aka: New July 1992 dates for Y&R/B&B etc.. :D 

https://archive.org/details/SmokesVHSTape1120/Tape+1120+Disc+1.ISO

Awesome! So I'm not the only one who kept checking this listing! :D This user somehow posts the dates but then the videos don't show up for weeks... glad we finally got it!

I’ve seen a few clips of the ’96-’98 Joshua/Veronica story and am very intrigued. Sadly I was taking a YR break during the original airings and missed the whole thing. But it all seems very gothic and creepy in the best way. This is not the usual type of the story that the writers would involve Nikki in (excluding pre-Victor Nikki who was involved in a cult and stalked by Edward).

I was surprised to see that Tracy Melchior played the role before Candace Daly. I wonder if TM quit or was replaced. My impression is that TM doesn’t have the acting chops to tackle a complex role like Veronica. Sad to see that CD passed away at a very young 38.

Was anyone watching during this time period? What are your thoughts on this story?

Oooh!  Speaking of Josh and Veronica Landers, there's an actor whom I saw the other night on a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie (yeah, I know, lol) and thought would be PERFECT as Josh and Veronica's son.  You know, should they ever go there?  He could come to GC, seeking revenge against Nikki or something.  Anyways.  Here's the guy:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0751076/

48 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Was anyone watching during this time period? What are your thoughts on this story?

It was as dreadful as Y&R's other "I'm-in-disguise" storylines.   She basically put on a pair of eyeglasses and draped a mop head over her hair, and that fooled them. 

40 minutes ago, Khan said:

Oooh!  Speaking of Josh and Veronica Landers, there's an actor whom I saw the other night on a Hallmark Channel Christmas movie (yeah, I know, lol) and thought would be PERFECT as Josh and Veronica's son.  You know, should they ever go there?  He could come to GC, seeking revenge against Nikki or something.  Anyways.  Here's the guy:

Wow, he does look like Heath Kizzier's son! He could be as deranged as his mother and think that Nikki "bewitched" Joshua away 

10 minutes ago, Broderick said:

It was as dreadful as Y&R's other "I'm-in-disguise" storylines.   She basically put on a pair of eyeglasses and draped a mop head over her hair, and that fooled them. 

Ha! Sort of like how Flo Webster made love to her new husband "Jim" aka David Kimball without any of his make-up foundation rubbing off on her

2 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Ha! Sort of like how Flo Webster made love to her new husband "Jim" aka David Kimball without any of his make-up foundation rubbing off on her

Yes, and the way "Robert Tyrone" walked around looking and sounding exactly like Tyrone Jackson (but dipped in all-purpose flour and wearing Groucho Marx glasses & mustache), but no one in the Syndicate noticed any similarity. 

I thought Heath Kizzier resembled William Gray Espy. 

3 hours ago, Khan said:

How about calling Dr. Chuck Foster ?

Image result for william gray espy Christopher Russell Picture

3 hours ago, yrfan1983 said:

I’ve seen a few clips of the ’96-’98 Joshua/Veronica story and am very intrigued. Sadly I was taking a YR break during the original airings and missed the whole thing. But it all seems very gothic and creepy in the best way. This is not the usual type of the story that the writers would involve Nikki in (excluding pre-Victor Nikki who was involved in a cult and stalked by Edward).

I was surprised to see that Tracy Melchior played the role before Candace Daly. I wonder if TM quit or was replaced. My impression is that TM doesn’t have the acting chops to tackle a complex role like Veronica. Sad to see that CD passed away at a very young 38.

The story started in an incredibly moribund period for the show and you got the sense Bill Bell didn't know where it was going. Once Kay Alden became co-HW the story was much more focused and full of tension. The scenes where Veronica finally had enough and shot Nikki were incredibly done - in writing, acting, and direction. Candice Daly was great in the part, especially in those last months. Melody Thomas Scott also gave some of her best work in that period. 

I always respected that, after trashy tabloids ran stories on Daly following her death, MTS spoke out to defend her.

50 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

The scenes where Veronica finally had enough and shot Nikki were incredibly done - in writing, acting, and direction.

Yes, the scenes were posted recently where Nikki was flashing back to "Sarah" shooting her and it was really disturbing. Sarah acting strange... Nikki ordering her to leave... then Nikki realizing something is really wrong. Even more creepy to think that dead Joshua was upstairs.

I think that clip and the other late-90s clips were copyright-deleted 😕

53 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Yes, the scenes were posted recently where Nikki was flashing back to "Sarah" shooting her and it was really disturbing. Sarah acting strange... Nikki ordering her to leave... then Nikki realizing something is really wrong. Even more creepy to think that dead Joshua was upstairs.

I think that clip and the other late-90s clips were copyright-deleted 😕

ugh!!! I'm still so bummed about that :( 

What I remember is just how it all felt kind of rushed, especially for Y&R.  That was a pretty quick set up relationship and wedding for Bill Bell and such major characters.  Not just Nikki but Victor and Diane too.  I got the sense that he wanted to shake things up and prolong the inevitable with them reuniting.  Then it seemed like Bell wanted to retire with a bang, and the climax was sped up.

It still took almost two years, but it seemed faster because normally that would have been three or four years lol.