Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Since the first time I'd seen Gatti was on Guiding Light as Dinah Marler, I remember being very confused when I saw her portraying Keesha Monroe on Y&R.  I think that Keesha was definitely meant to be a woman of color, if not black. I remember wondering if Gatti herself was of mixed heritage but though there was never any indication of this being the case.

I think Y&R was likely going for an ambiguously ethnic look.  The storyline was compelling, without doubt but  the casting choice was weird, even back then.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"My skin be ashy -- but not with Oil of Olay!"

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously.  No, I don't remember that commercial. 

To think there was a time when seeing your favorite soap stars pop up in stuff away from daytime (like Don Diamont basically doing a deodorant or shower commercial in the nude) was a treat.  Now, I see someone from DAYS or GH in a Lifetime movie and I'm ready to cry.

Edited by Khan

• Members

"...And I think I died faster than they wanted me to because I had booked a television pilot, and they were concerned that I may not be available to work on the show much longer."

Interesting that she says that, I did think that the Keesha storyline developed and played out at a quicker pace than other storylines on Y&R at the time.

I've always thought that the Patty mentions during this time were there because they were re-introducing Diane and wanted to remind long-time viewers of the rivalry.

Edited by Dion

• 2 weeks later...